Rude fans are disgrace to Hurricanes

I have always flown my ‘Canes flag proudly on game days. However, from what I was told by my wife’s nephew (a Texas A&M grad) who attended the football game on Sept. 20, I am not only disturbed but embarrassed as well. During the game, some Miami fans taunted and harassed the A&M fans (and players) with a “f*** the faggies” chant. This is absolutely and totally unacceptable!

Do the Miami fans fail to realize that the visiting team and their fans are guests? Would they treat guests in their homes like this? Do they not realize how this casts a horribly negative light on the school’s athletics, not to mention the community at large? How about the negative financial consequences this could have on the area? Who would want to return after being treated that way?

These chants and their accompanying belligerent attitudes make the school look very immature. I hope I never again hear of such behavior from Miami fans.

– Jim Sasso
Hurst, Texas

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

Mark Barnes likes to call Zion Nelson a “throwback” player, but the coach really means Nelson is sor ...

The land of palm trees, beaches and mojitos gave way to the land of the Liberty Bell, cheesesteaks a ...

The University of Miami on Thursday launched a national search as it begins the difficult task of re ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...