Rude fans are disgrace to Hurricanes

I have always flown my ‘Canes flag proudly on game days. However, from what I was told by my wife’s nephew (a Texas A&M grad) who attended the football game on Sept. 20, I am not only disturbed but embarrassed as well. During the game, some Miami fans taunted and harassed the A&M fans (and players) with a “f*** the faggies” chant. This is absolutely and totally unacceptable!

Do the Miami fans fail to realize that the visiting team and their fans are guests? Would they treat guests in their homes like this? Do they not realize how this casts a horribly negative light on the school’s athletics, not to mention the community at large? How about the negative financial consequences this could have on the area? Who would want to return after being treated that way?

These chants and their accompanying belligerent attitudes make the school look very immature. I hope I never again hear of such behavior from Miami fans.

– Jim Sasso
Hurst, Texas

They both returned to earn their degrees and finish their college football careers with their brothe ...

Court adjourned at United States v. James Gatto on Monday, but not before one last piece of good new ...

Add former five-star running back recruit Lorenzo Lingard to the growing list of injured Miami Hurri ...

Here’s our story on the big news of the day: Mark Richt admonishing N’Kosi Perry for posting a video ...

University of Miami redshirt freshman quarterback N’Kosi Perry has been reprimanded for posting a vi ...

Fresh off fall break, News@TheU catches up with students to learn what foods make them feel at home. ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

A new study by University of Miami psychology researchers of anonymous interactions suggests that hu ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The Hurricanes head to Chestnut Hill, Mass., for a for a nationally-televised game against a rough a ...

A trio of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes will continue to make a run at the ...

The Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame announced the 14 semifinalists for the 2018 Paycom Jim Thorpe Award ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team kept its Sunday win streak alive by defeating Georgia Tech, 3-1 ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team continues to have success in the Main Draw, as a pair ...