What’s going on?

October 4: Today

Patio Jams will feature Cleaveland Jones, whose music is an eclectic mix of Brazilian beats, New Orleans funk and Caribbean reggae, from noon to 1:30 p.m. at the UC Patio.

The Muslim Students of UM (MSUM) will host the nationally sponsored Fast-A-Thon, which encourages non-Muslims to fast for one day. For each non-Muslim who participates, local businesses will pledge $1. All proceeds will go to a local charity. This event will take place at the UC Patio from 6:30 to 8 p.m.

October 5: Friday

The Department of Philosophy will host guest lecturer Roy Sorensen, professor of philosophy at Dartmouth College. His lecture “Mathematical Coincidences” is scheduled from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. in the Learning Center, room 140.

October 6: Saturday

“Be the Change: National Gandhi Day of Service” will meet today at the UC Rock at 8 a.m. and will run through 2 p.m. Contact UMGandhiDay@yahoo.com with your name, e-mail address, phone number and T-shirt size to volunteer.

October 7: Sunday

Cosford is screening “Casting About,” a feature documentary that allows the viewer to sit in the filmmaker’s seat and see and hear the casting experience, from 7 to 9 p.m.

October 8: Monday

Pick up a the latest copy of The Miami Hurricane newspaper, or visit TheMiamiHurricane.com.

Caribbean experts assessed the coronavirus’s impact on the region in a webinar on Nov. 19 hosted by the University of Miami Institute for Advanced Study of the Americas. ...

A project on race, housing, and displacement in Miami connects past patterns of discrimination to modern disparities. ...

United Black Students and the Black Student Athlete Alliance, in partnership with the University of Miami administration, mobilize to honor the lives lost due to police brutality. ...

As students and faculty and staff members prepare to wrap up the Fall 2020 semester, here’s a look at the availability of facilities and services during the break. ...

The University of Miami president called for increased cooperation, new powers for the World Health Organization, and transparency incentives as critical to manage and mitigate future health outbreaks. ...