What’s going on?

October 4: Today

Patio Jams will feature Cleaveland Jones, whose music is an eclectic mix of Brazilian beats, New Orleans funk and Caribbean reggae, from noon to 1:30 p.m. at the UC Patio.

The Muslim Students of UM (MSUM) will host the nationally sponsored Fast-A-Thon, which encourages non-Muslims to fast for one day. For each non-Muslim who participates, local businesses will pledge $1. All proceeds will go to a local charity. This event will take place at the UC Patio from 6:30 to 8 p.m.

October 5: Friday

The Department of Philosophy will host guest lecturer Roy Sorensen, professor of philosophy at Dartmouth College. His lecture “Mathematical Coincidences” is scheduled from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. in the Learning Center, room 140.

October 6: Saturday

“Be the Change: National Gandhi Day of Service” will meet today at the UC Rock at 8 a.m. and will run through 2 p.m. Contact UMGandhiDay@yahoo.com with your name, e-mail address, phone number and T-shirt size to volunteer.

October 7: Sunday

Cosford is screening “Casting About,” a feature documentary that allows the viewer to sit in the filmmaker’s seat and see and hear the casting experience, from 7 to 9 p.m.

October 8: Monday

Pick up a the latest copy of The Miami Hurricane newspaper, or visit TheMiamiHurricane.com.

Even after snagging Ohio State transfer Tate Martell, UM has remained highly aggressive in its pursu ...

As the NFL’s conference finals were unfolding Sunday, Manny Diaz – the UM coach who doubles as a soc ...

The University of Miami womens’ basketball team made sure North Carolina fans didn’t get to celebrat ...

Throughout the four years he spent as a tackle for the Miami Hurricanes, Tyree St. Louis never consi ...

Finally, a marquee home game for the University of Miami men’s basketball team, a game big enough th ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

The Miami women's basketball team will play its highest-ranked opponent of the season thus far ...

Beatrice Mompremier of the Miami women's basketball team was named the ACC Player of the Week, ...

The Miami women's basketball team defeated North Carolina for the fourth consecutive year with ...

Former University of Miami soccer standout Phallon Tullis-Joyce has officially signed a professional ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team improved to 3-0 on the season following a 6-1 triumph ...