Sports Briefs

Women’s Soccer
Dynamic freshman earns prestigious honor

The University of Miami women’s soccer team had a solid week, as they went 2-0, beating North Carolina State and No. 7 University of North Carolina.

Intertwined in the two wins were two great performances by freshman Brittney Steinbruch, who was named Atlantic Coast Conference Player of the Week for her efforts.

Steinbruch had a role in each of the Hurricanes’ goals against NC State and UNC. She recorded a goal and an assist in the 2-1 victory over NC State, and she had the lone goal in the 1-0 win over UNC. Additionally, both of her goals were game winners.

Steinbruch’s efforts have placed the Hurricanes at 2-0 in ACC play.

Men’s Tennis
Hurricanes fall at All-American Championship

Freshman Carl Sundberg and sophomore J.C. Whitner advanced to day two of the pre-qualifying at the 2007 Polo Ralph Lauren All-American Tennis Championship.

On day two, the players put up solid efforts, but they saw their runs come to an end in the third round of play, as Sundberg fell 7-6 (2), 7-6 (7), and Whitner fell 6-4, 7-5.

Women’s Tennis
Hurricanes put up good effort but lose at matches

The Miami Hurricanes women’s tennis team saw seniors Caren Seenauth and Romy Farah take the court at the pre-qualifying round of the 2007 Riviera/ITA Women’s All-American Championships.

Seenauth fought hard, advancing to the second round, but she then saw her run come to an end, as she fell 6-0, 6-2.

Farah was unable to get out of the first round, falling 6-2, 6-1.

The pair also competed in doubles play, but they were unable to win a final pre-qualifying match, losing 8-5.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

The Asa Martin era for the Miami Hurricanes might be coming to an end just six months after it began ...

Avantae Williams and Lorenzo Lingard punctuated Paradise Camp with a chest bump. The Miami Hurricane ...

Sebastian the Ibis of the University of Miami displayed tremendous defense in leading the Pizza Hut ...

June is one of the most important months in the recruiting calendar and the Miami Hurricanes finishe ...

A six-pack of notes from UM’s annual Paradise Camp on Saturday: ▪ Few Canes greats have as unique a ...

Alumna Lauren Crotty reflects on her undergraduate experience and the path that lead her to signing ...

The U.S. women’s national soccer team, competing for the World Cup in France, is entrenched in a cou ...

In the first course of its kind on a college campus, faculty, staff, and students will learn if they ...

University of Miami Libraries is working to establish a University archive of LGBTQ materials. ...

University of Miami football players and coaches mentored area youth at a free football clinic in Ho ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team earned All-ACC Academic Team distinction, as anno ...

Eight Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the conference with selections to the Track an ...

UM forward Dewan Hernandez was selected 59th overall by the Toronto Raptors in the 2019 NBA Draft. ...

Franco Aubone and Francisco Bastias of the University of Miami men's tennis team were selected ...

The ACC Network is set to launch August 22. If your television provider hasn't yet decided to c ...