Sports Briefs

Women’s Soccer
Dynamic freshman earns prestigious honor

The University of Miami women’s soccer team had a solid week, as they went 2-0, beating North Carolina State and No. 7 University of North Carolina.

Intertwined in the two wins were two great performances by freshman Brittney Steinbruch, who was named Atlantic Coast Conference Player of the Week for her efforts.

Steinbruch had a role in each of the Hurricanes’ goals against NC State and UNC. She recorded a goal and an assist in the 2-1 victory over NC State, and she had the lone goal in the 1-0 win over UNC. Additionally, both of her goals were game winners.

Steinbruch’s efforts have placed the Hurricanes at 2-0 in ACC play.

Men’s Tennis
Hurricanes fall at All-American Championship

Freshman Carl Sundberg and sophomore J.C. Whitner advanced to day two of the pre-qualifying at the 2007 Polo Ralph Lauren All-American Tennis Championship.

On day two, the players put up solid efforts, but they saw their runs come to an end in the third round of play, as Sundberg fell 7-6 (2), 7-6 (7), and Whitner fell 6-4, 7-5.

Women’s Tennis
Hurricanes put up good effort but lose at matches

The Miami Hurricanes women’s tennis team saw seniors Caren Seenauth and Romy Farah take the court at the pre-qualifying round of the 2007 Riviera/ITA Women’s All-American Championships.

Seenauth fought hard, advancing to the second round, but she then saw her run come to an end, as she fell 6-0, 6-2.

Farah was unable to get out of the first round, falling 6-2, 6-1.

The pair also competed in doubles play, but they were unable to win a final pre-qualifying match, losing 8-5.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

So what’s UM getting with this recruiting class, among players already committed, most or all of who ...

On the eve of the early signing period, the new University of Miami defensive coordinators met the m ...

The early signing period is finally here and the Miami Hurricanes’ class is, at least for now, disap ...

Photo Gallery: UM football availabiilty | Tuesday, December 18, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

Zach McCloud said he never doubted whether he would return to the Miami Hurricanes for his senior se ...

Feelings of depression and anxiety rise during the holidays, but there’s plenty you can do to keep u ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

Things have changed in Coral Gables since the end of the regular season, but there will be a familia ...

Canes and Houston Baptist play at 7 p.m. Wednesday at Watsco Center. ...

The No. 24/23 Miami women's basketball team will begin play at the Florida Sunshine Classic in ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The Miami women's basketball team is ranked in the top 25 of both major national polls this wee ...