What’s going on?

October 1: Today

Today is the deadline for students interested in signing up for A Week for Life’s first annual “AIDS Around the World Week.” To join the committee, sign up in UC 240.

The opening ceremonies for Hispanic Heritage Month will take place at the UC Patio from 6 to 8 p.m. Traditional Latin American music, dance, art and food will be showcased.

The Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Society is having a meeting in UC Ballroom A from 8 to 9 p.m. Members will have the opportunity to hear a guest speaker, learn about community service events and receive free pizza and soda.

October 2: Tuesday

The Wellness Center is hosting “The Wings of Joy Meditation” class from 7:30 to 9 p.m. in the Wellness Center Classroom 2. This class is free and open to the general public, but space is limited. To register in advance, call 305-284-5433.

October 3: Wednesday

Gema P

UM was very fortunate that junior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Mike Pinckney and Zach McCloud a ...

Hard Rock Stadium will be filled with Miami fans — and probably only Miami fans — when the two colle ...

They made school history on Sunday with a nationally-televised road upset of No. 2 Louisville, and o ...

Mark Walton, the former University of Miami star football player and current Cincinnati Bengal, was ...

Don Chaney Jr. says his recruitment is over and the way he talks about the Miami Hurricanes, it’s ea ...

Researcher Rebecca Bulotsky Shearer is leading a study aimed at increasing the number of kids who ar ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team stormed back from a 14-point deficit to pick up the bi ...

Hours after garnering espnW National Player of the Week distinction, Emese Hof of the Miami women ...

For the second straight Monday, a member of the Miami women's basketball team has earned a nati ...

Brian Van Belle struck out five over six shutout innings to help the Canes sweep Rutgers on opening ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami golf team moved up two spots on Monday's leaderboard at t ...