What’s going on?

September 27: Today

Patio Jams will feature the Miami folk legend, troubadour, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Jesse Jackson from noon to 1:30 p.m. at the UC Patio.

Category 5 is hosting a pep rally at the UC Rock from 12:15 to 12:45 p.m. There will be free pizza and giveaways.

UM CAUSA is hosting “Generation X-ile Speaker Series: A Conversation with Giancarlo Sopo” in UC Room 237 from 7 to 8 p.m. to discuss the future of the exile community in America.

Wanna get “Off”? “Off the Wire,” a student-produced comedy show, will tape their second show of the season at 8 p.m. in Studio C at the School of Communication.

September 28: Friday

The educational workshop Be S.A.F.E., featuring speakers from UMPD and SART, will feature a self-awareness game and self-defense presentation in the Eaton Master’s Apartment from 6:30 to 8 p.m.

September 29: Saturday

Delta Gamma is hosting “United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation 5K Run/Walk” at the UC Rock from 8 to 9 a.m. The cost of the race is $10 to pre-register and $12 to register today.

September 30: Sunday

The UM Equestrian Team is hosting an exhibition and fundraiser from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Tally Ho Farm, located on the corner of 118th Avenue and 64th Street. The event is free and open to the public.

Friday was strange for Gino DiMare. It wasn’t because his whole family went out to the mound at Alex ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

The first half of Wednesday night’s game was as lousy as the weather outside the Watsco Center, as t ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The University of Miami baseball team opened the Gino DiMare era with a record-setting victory over ...

The Canes open the 75th season in program history and first under the direction of head coach Gino D ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...

The University of Miami golf team heads to the Big Easy to open competition Sunday at the 2019 Allst ...