Sports Briefs: Golf

The women’s golf team placed fourth out of 15 at the recent Myrtle Beach Classic.

The Hurricanes were led by a pair of seniors, Jessica Seward and Hagen Weintraub, who finished tied for sixth and tied for 11th, respectively. Additionally, freshmen Maria Ronderos finished tied for 14th and Christina Hirano finished 49th, while junior Anabelle Paulino finished tied for 69th.

The Hurricanes will be back in action Saturday at the Wildcat Fall Invitational.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Instead of in-person celebrations at Hard Rock Stadium, President Julio Frenk announced that the University of Miami will hold its four observances online because of updated COVID-19 data. ...

The newly chartered Peruvian Students Association seeks to expand its impact and influence beyond campus, supporting protests against education cutbacks in the South American country and connecting students across the United States to their Andean roots. ...

Leyna Stemle found that by attaching green LED lights to fishing nets in Ghana, the illumination was able to divert most of the reptiles from becoming entangled and hurt. ...

As the world observes the 32nd annual World AIDS Day, a University of Miami team is shining a bright light on a neighborhood initiative to curtail the epidemic. ...

With the acquisition of the new instrument and an accompanying nanoindenter, studies at the College of Engineering are entering a new and advanced era of materials characterization. ...