Sports Briefs

CROSS COUNTRY
Men’s and women’s teams take fifth

The University of Miami men’s and women’s cross country teams both placed fifth at the Bulldog Stampede Invitational in Athens, Ga.

The men’s six-man squad was led by senior Alex Paley, who finished 22nd in the 8,000-meters. Junior Andrew Chuplis finished 34th, junior Ryan Woodlee finished 41st, junior Vincent Giambanco finished 42nd, freshman Greg Grosicki finished 48th and junior Eric Miller finished 53rd.

On the women’s side, senior Delia Phlatts led the ‘Canes with a 23rd place finish. Hurricanes following Phlatts to the finish line were freshman Caitlin Knapp, who finished 33rd; junior Ena Leufroy, who finished 34th; freshman Donna Cheung, who finished 36th; freshman Katherine Woodard, who finished 42nd; senior Jessica Fern, who finished 52nd; and junior Anika Arevalo, who finished 56th.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

MEN’S TENNIS
Season finishes at Southern Intercollegiate Championship

The Miami Hurricanes men’s tennis team closed out play at the Southern Intercollegiate Championships this weekend. The Hurricanes made a good run at it, but sophomore Barnabas Carrega fell to Georgia’s Josh Varela in straight sets. Carrega had received a first round bye and defeated Morehead State’s Charles Williams to advance to round 32, where he came up short.

Sophomore Westin Wendt fell in his Division III consolation match against Middle Tennessee’s Derrick Davidson. The duo of Carrega and sophomore Hector Nieto fell in their Division II doubles match.

The Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Championship schedule is set. The No. 4 seed Miami Hurricanes ...

The first regular season of Gino DiMare’s head-coaching era ended Saturday at Mark Light Field. But ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ hopes for hosting an NCAA regional were damaged a bit on Friday night by a 12- ...

It took a long time for Dewan Hernandez to reach a point of acceptance for what happened to his juni ...

The life of a fullback isn’t always glamorous, even 15 years ago before the position was essentially ...

The University of Miami is shaping the future of education by using innovative approaches that drive ...

Six short films created by University of Miami film students will be screened in Los Angeles this we ...

Researchers from 16 Latin American and Caribbean countries, hosted by the Institute for the Advanced ...

Two University of Miami a cappella groups, Tufaan and BisCaydence, celebrated big wins in different ...

After Alabama’s governor signed into law the most-stringent anti-abortion bill in the nation, UM exp ...

Chris McMahon struck out six over five shutout innings to earn his first win since April 6. ...

Miami's Second Varsity Four earned a bronze medal at the 2019 ACC Rowing Championships Saturday ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team is the ITA Southeast Region Arthur Ashe ...

100 days until Miami – Florida LVI. The countdown is on. ...

The ACC Network is set to launch August 22. If your television provider hasn't yet decided to c ...