Sports Briefs

CROSS COUNTRY
Men’s and women’s teams take fifth

The University of Miami men’s and women’s cross country teams both placed fifth at the Bulldog Stampede Invitational in Athens, Ga.

The men’s six-man squad was led by senior Alex Paley, who finished 22nd in the 8,000-meters. Junior Andrew Chuplis finished 34th, junior Ryan Woodlee finished 41st, junior Vincent Giambanco finished 42nd, freshman Greg Grosicki finished 48th and junior Eric Miller finished 53rd.

On the women’s side, senior Delia Phlatts led the ‘Canes with a 23rd place finish. Hurricanes following Phlatts to the finish line were freshman Caitlin Knapp, who finished 33rd; junior Ena Leufroy, who finished 34th; freshman Donna Cheung, who finished 36th; freshman Katherine Woodard, who finished 42nd; senior Jessica Fern, who finished 52nd; and junior Anika Arevalo, who finished 56th.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

MEN’S TENNIS
Season finishes at Southern Intercollegiate Championship

The Miami Hurricanes men’s tennis team closed out play at the Southern Intercollegiate Championships this weekend. The Hurricanes made a good run at it, but sophomore Barnabas Carrega fell to Georgia’s Josh Varela in straight sets. Carrega had received a first round bye and defeated Morehead State’s Charles Williams to advance to round 32, where he came up short.

Sophomore Westin Wendt fell in his Division III consolation match against Middle Tennessee’s Derrick Davidson. The duo of Carrega and sophomore Hector Nieto fell in their Division II doubles match.

University of Miami coach Mark Richt apparently is a fan of President Teddy Roosevelt’s — or at leas ...

If there was one freshman the Miami Hurricanes knew would have to help entering the season, Brevin J ...

Not only has Gerald Willis been one of the best stories of the Miami Hurricanes’ season, he has also ...

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

More than 600 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service ...

Home Truth, the story of Jessica Lenahan’s pursuit of more effective domestic violence laws, screene ...

Members of the UM community who want to donate to relief efforts for those impacted by Hurricanes Mi ...

The University of Miami’s Model UN is working to expand its membership and reputation with its first ...

During a keynote address at a conference in Los Angeles, entrepreneurial heavyweight Magic Leap anno ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...