‘Spirit of the U’ commemorative cereal launched

Fusion Innovative Marketing, a multimedia marketing firm, recently announced the release of three different commemorative cereal boxes featuring University of Miami, University of Florida and Florida State University available at Publix Supermarkets.

The “Spirit of the U” box features a cartoon Sebastian on the front and various trivia about UM on the back, including the history behind the university’s colors of orange, green and white and its nickname “The U.”

Jay Freedman, managing partner of Fusion, said that he is a former Hurricane, and he thinks the cereal boxes will be “something great for the fans.”

“We are thrilled to bring this to South Florida and [we]hope that each year to come [there]will be a new box that captures the spirit of the U,” Freedman said.

Although the campaign is targeting university fans, will students choose UM Frosted Flakes over their usual choice of cereal?

“I don’t want to pay anything extra for it,” Katharine Woodard, a freshman, said. “I’ll stick to the generic brand, thank you very much.”

“Maybe I’d buy it if they had University of Miami Lucky Charms,” Andrew Blumenthal, a freshman, said. “They could have Sebastian and U-shaped marshmallows.”

Other students are more positive about the idea.

“When you’re walking up and down the lines of Publix, you need something to draw your attention and that would do it for me,” Ben Vipler. “I’d probably buy it and put it on my wall.”

Caitlin Knapp may be contacted at cknapp@umiami.edu.

A University of Miami College of Engineering researcher is trying to perfect a technique of using lu ...

Through an internship with M. Shanken Communications, rising senior Teddy Willson has contributed to ...

University of Miami alumna Vanessa Garcia recounts her personal journey writing for the highly accla ...

University of Miami religious studies professor Catherine Newell weighs in on some of the big questi ...

NASA wants to return humans to the moon by 2024. A University of Miami engineering graduate is part ...

Two Miami Hurricanes were among those players selected to the preseason watch list for the 25th annu ...

ESPN Events announced Thursday afternoon the bracket for the 2019 Charleston Classic, set to take pl ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday its 2018-19 academic honor roll and 177 University o ...

The ACC Network is set to launch August 22. If your television provider hasn't yet decided to c ...

Claudia De Antonio, Renate Grimstad and Kristyna Frydlova were each selected as WGCA All-American Sc ...