‘Spirit of the U’ commemorative cereal launched

Fusion Innovative Marketing, a multimedia marketing firm, recently announced the release of three different commemorative cereal boxes featuring University of Miami, University of Florida and Florida State University available at Publix Supermarkets.

The “Spirit of the U” box features a cartoon Sebastian on the front and various trivia about UM on the back, including the history behind the university’s colors of orange, green and white and its nickname “The U.”

Jay Freedman, managing partner of Fusion, said that he is a former Hurricane, and he thinks the cereal boxes will be “something great for the fans.”

“We are thrilled to bring this to South Florida and [we]hope that each year to come [there]will be a new box that captures the spirit of the U,” Freedman said.

Although the campaign is targeting university fans, will students choose UM Frosted Flakes over their usual choice of cereal?

“I don’t want to pay anything extra for it,” Katharine Woodard, a freshman, said. “I’ll stick to the generic brand, thank you very much.”

“Maybe I’d buy it if they had University of Miami Lucky Charms,” Andrew Blumenthal, a freshman, said. “They could have Sebastian and U-shaped marshmallows.”

Other students are more positive about the idea.

“When you’re walking up and down the lines of Publix, you need something to draw your attention and that would do it for me,” Ben Vipler. “I’d probably buy it and put it on my wall.”

Caitlin Knapp may be contacted at cknapp@umiami.edu.

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

Mark Barnes likes to call Zion Nelson a “throwback” player, but the coach really means Nelson is sor ...

The land of palm trees, beaches and mojitos gave way to the land of the Liberty Bell, cheesesteaks a ...

The University of Miami on Thursday launched a national search as it begins the difficult task of re ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...