‘Spirit of the U’ commemorative cereal launched

Fusion Innovative Marketing, a multimedia marketing firm, recently announced the release of three different commemorative cereal boxes featuring University of Miami, University of Florida and Florida State University available at Publix Supermarkets.

The “Spirit of the U” box features a cartoon Sebastian on the front and various trivia about UM on the back, including the history behind the university’s colors of orange, green and white and its nickname “The U.”

Jay Freedman, managing partner of Fusion, said that he is a former Hurricane, and he thinks the cereal boxes will be “something great for the fans.”

“We are thrilled to bring this to South Florida and [we] hope that each year to come [there] will be a new box that captures the spirit of the U,” Freedman said.

Although the campaign is targeting university fans, will students choose UM Frosted Flakes over their usual choice of cereal?

“I don’t want to pay anything extra for it,” Katharine Woodard, a freshman, said. “I’ll stick to the generic brand, thank you very much.”

“Maybe I’d buy it if they had University of Miami Lucky Charms,” Andrew Blumenthal, a freshman, said. “They could have Sebastian and U-shaped marshmallows.”

Other students are more positive about the idea.

“When you’re walking up and down the lines of Publix, you need something to draw your attention and that would do it for me,” Ben Vipler. “I’d probably buy it and put it on my wall.”

Caitlin Knapp may be contacted at cknapp@umiami.edu.

Travis Montaque, founder and CEO of Holler.io, will share how understanding his customers helped him ...

The University of Miami’s museum marks an important milestone. ...

Using lidar technology to peer through thick vegetation, researchers are learning more about the lon ...

University Archives invites the community to visit the exhibition at the Otto G. Richter Library bef ...

The University will work with binational members in the U.S. and Mexico to carry out multidisciplina ...