Matchup: Miami v. Texas A&M

OFFENSE

Miami had a season-high 428 total yards of offense last week, but were unable to score in the red zone. Texas A&M features a strong backfield and has averaged 296.3 yards on the ground and have scored 46.3 points per game this season, but have not played a defense like Miami.

Advantage: TEXAS A&M

O-LINE

Miami’s unit must commit fewer penalties on Thursday and prove to themselves that they can have a strong performance against a ranked team. Texas A&M has allowed only two sacks this season. This unit returns four starters from a year ago and has experience playing in difficult environments away from home.

Advantage: TEXAS A&M

RUNNING BACKS

Javarris James and Graig Cooper combined for 140 yards on the ground last week and will be counted on to carry the offense. Texas A&M has a slight edge in this match up. Mike Goodson has tremendous speed with 247 yards rushing. Jorvorskie Lane is a bruising tailback that is featured in short-yardage situations and has seven touchdowns.

Advantage: TEXAS A&M

RECEIVERS

Darnell Jenkins needs to carry over his breakout performance from last week. Lance Leggett has had one catch the past two weeks and needs to be more involved on a consistent basis. Texas A&M tight end Martellus Bennett leads the team with 14 catches for 166 yards.

Advantage: EVEN

QUARTERBACKS

Kyle Wright must avoid the big turnover this week and make plays to finish off drives. Stephen McGee runs the option effectively and has rushed for two scores. McGee has also thrown for 428 yards and two touchdowns.

Advantage: TEXAS A&M

DEFENSE

Miami must win the turnover battle and improve their rush defense from last week. Texas A&M is vulnerable in the secondary and has surrendered 383.3 total yards per game defensively.

Advantage: MIAMI

D-LINE

Miami has recorded just two sacks over the past two games. Eric Moncur is due for a big performance this week. Texas A&M’s unit has only recorded three sacks and has not consistently rushed the passer well enough.

Advantage: MIAMI

LINEBACKERS

Miami needs this group to improve from last week and be active in the backfield. The Aggies linebackers have not made as many plays as Miami. Mark Dodge does leads the team with 32 tackles while Misi Tupe has registered 25 tackles and one interception.

Advantage: MIAMI

SECONDARY

Miami’s secondary looked much improved on Saturday, giving up 105 passing yards while intercepting two passes. Texas A&M has four interceptions this season, but the secondary has contributed in allowing opponents to pass for 232.3 yards per game.

Advantage: MIAMI

SPECIAL TEAMS

Francesco Zampogna can not afford to miss any chip-shot field goals this week. Texas A&M has the better overall unit. Kicker Matt Szymanski is 6-for-8 in field goals while punter Justin Brantley has averaged 42.7 yards per punt.

Advantage: TEXAS A&M

Tonight’s game will be broadcast on ESPN and WVUM 90.5 FM begining at 7:30 p.m.