Letter to the editor

On Saturday I was at the FIU game, staying until the end as always. After Kyle Wright threw the last interception, I couldn’t help but notice that half of the stadium was EMPTY, while about an hour earlier it was very full. Those who left cannot seriously call themselves fans.

Those who only stay until they are sure of the game’s outcome are not serious followers of the school. I believe a true fan should stay until the end, no matter the outcome. There is a term for those who only support a team when that team is winning-and I do not use [this term loosely]-but I believe that these people are “bandwagon” fans.

Bandwagon fan is a term used by a die-hard fan to describe those who only follow the team when they are winning, hopping on the bandwagon and then jumping off and criticizing the team when they start to lose. So for those who wish to leave early, go ahead; it makes it easier for the true fans to leave when the game’s really over.

-Joel Solomon, junior

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

Ten takeaways from UM’s 31-17 win against FIU on Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium: ▪ Credit Mark Richt ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The season-opening, three-day Miami Fall Invite wrapped up Sunday at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center a ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...