What’s going on?

September 13: TODAY

Patio Jams is hosting the band Velveteen Pink from 12 to 1:45 p.m. at the UC Patio. Velveteen Pink is a quirky, energetic synth-pop band from Athens, Ga. and was voted one of the top five bands on
mtvU’s “Best Bands on Campus” contest.

CAC is hosting a free sneak screening of “Mr. Woodcock,” starring Sean William Scott and Billy Bob Thornton, from 9 to 11:30 p.m. at Cosford. Pick up your tickets in UC room 206. Seating is first-come, first-serve.

September 14: FRIDAY

Canes Night Live is hosting “Screen on the Green” with a double feature from 8 p.m. to 12 a.m. The first movie, “Happy Feet,” will begin at 8 p.m., and “Music and Lyrics” will begin at 10 p.m.

September 15: SATURDAY

Some of the world’s foremost authorities on stem cell transplantation and its therapeutic clinical applications will be attending the inaugural International Stem Cell Workshop event. This two-day workshop will take place in the Rosenstiel Medical Science Building, fifth-floor auditorium. For more information call 305-243-8958.

September 16: SUNDAY

The movie “Free Zone” will be screened at the Cosford Cinema from 6:15 to 8 p.m. and from 8 to 10 p.m. For more information call 305-284-4861.

Is there an apt comparison for this year’s American League Championship series between the Boston Re ...

If the University of Miami defense isn’t boiling with frustration by now, it must be simmering in an ...

Miami Hurricanes redshirt senior Gerald Willis was the lone UM football player chosen for the Associ ...

A new batch of evidence presented Monday at the college basketball trial in New York seems to furthe ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt apparently is a fan of President Teddy Roosevelt’s — or at leas ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that globalization and technolo ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

Dr. Ralph Sacco, a top neurologist and researcher at the University of Miami Miller School of Medici ...

U.S. Congresswoman and Chairman Emerita of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs Ileana Ros-Lehtine ...

Nearly 400 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service da ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...