What’s going on?

September 13: TODAY

Patio Jams is hosting the band Velveteen Pink from 12 to 1:45 p.m. at the UC Patio. Velveteen Pink is a quirky, energetic synth-pop band from Athens, Ga. and was voted one of the top five bands on
mtvU’s “Best Bands on Campus” contest.

CAC is hosting a free sneak screening of “Mr. Woodcock,” starring Sean William Scott and Billy Bob Thornton, from 9 to 11:30 p.m. at Cosford. Pick up your tickets in UC room 206. Seating is first-come, first-serve.

September 14: FRIDAY

Canes Night Live is hosting “Screen on the Green” with a double feature from 8 p.m. to 12 a.m. The first movie, “Happy Feet,” will begin at 8 p.m., and “Music and Lyrics” will begin at 10 p.m.

September 15: SATURDAY

Some of the world’s foremost authorities on stem cell transplantation and its therapeutic clinical applications will be attending the inaugural International Stem Cell Workshop event. This two-day workshop will take place in the Rosenstiel Medical Science Building, fifth-floor auditorium. For more information call 305-243-8958.

September 16: SUNDAY

The movie “Free Zone” will be screened at the Cosford Cinema from 6:15 to 8 p.m. and from 8 to 10 p.m. For more information call 305-284-4861.

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Friday: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt hasn’t yet given any indication to the ...

There are few players across Florida whose recruitment has been harder to parse than Derick Hunter’s ...

While University of Miami fans are not exactly thrilled about their Hurricanes going against the Wis ...

There was a time John Dixon looked like he would have his choice of just about any college he wanted ...

Part 2 of a 3-part series Former Marlins president David Samson, now unshackled by any contractual r ...

Following national recognition for its French production of Cinderella, the Frost Opera Theater is d ...

Several UM art students are getting real-world exposure during a highly anticipated – and attended – ...

Over the past several years, more and more students are using UM Libraries as a study place, a meeti ...

A record number of gifts have been collected across UM campuses to benefit children and seniors in t ...

Former Prime Minister of Israel Ehud Barak, who previously served as minister of the interior and mi ...

Following its longest break of the season thus far, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team ...

After a six-day layoff, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team will be back in action Sund ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews announced Friday the signing of two players ...

University of Miami redshirt senior defensive tackle Gerald Willis III was recognized for his outsta ...

The University of Miami's redshirt senior setter Haley Templeton was named to the 2018 AVCA All ...