What’s Going On?

September 10: TODAY

The Richter Library is hosting an introductory workshop from 4 to 5 p.m. titled “Libraries in a Nutshell” to explain the ins and outs of the library’s physical and virtual environment.

The Intensive Language Institute is offering a free, non-credit English course for International Teaching Assistants (ITAs) who have not yet met the UM English proficiency requirements. Courses are offered Mondays and Wednesdays starting today from 9 to 10:30 a.m. in Allen Hall. Contact 305-284-4727 or e-mail alc.cstudies@miami.edu.

September 11: TUESDAY

The Jerry Herman Ring Theatre is showing “The Fantasticks,” a classic coming-of-age story and a timeless celebration of love, from 8 to 10:30 p.m. Free for UM students with a ‘Cane Card.

Self-defense classes for women, called Rape Aggression Defense (RAD), will instruct women to defend themselves against the most common types of assault. The program consists of 12 hours of instruction, broken up in four sessions. Sessions will take place on Sept. 11, 13, 18 and 20, from 6 to 9 p.m. Cost is $25 for students, faculty and staff, and $35 for non-UM affiliated individuals. Advance sign-up is required. For more information contact www.miami.edu/police or call 305-284-1105.

September 12: WEDNESDAY

The CAC will be screening “Pan’s Labyrinth” from 8 to 10 p.m. at the Cosford Cinema. UM students are admitted free with ‘Cane Card.

Miami baseball coach Gino DiMare didn’t want his Hurricanes this past Sunday looking ahead to the we ...

When UM spring practice begins in a month, here’s one of many things the coaches need to determine: ...

Jaiden Francois already had a reputation as one of South Florida’s top defensive backs for the Class ...

It could be a fruitful year for the Miami Hurricanes in the 2019 NFL Draft. NFL Draft analyst Mel Ki ...

A quick six-pack off UM coach Manny Diaz’s conversation with Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey Jr. on WQAM’ ...

Prominent music scholar Kyra Gaunt will deliver a talk Friday about her research into the racial opp ...

Students are invited to participate in the second annual Students of Color Symposium this weekend, f ...

At an annual luncheon, University of Miami scholarship recipients connect with the donors who help m ...

From eliminating waste to reusable containers, there are simple steps you can take to make UM more s ...

UM public health experts try to help tackle Venezuela’s ongoing health care crisis. ...

The University of Miami got off to a dream start at the ACC Swimming & Diving Championships Wedn ...

The sophomore first baseman smashed two homers to help power Canes to 4-0 start. ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team is set to cap its longest road stretch of the season T ...

The University of Miami track and field team is set to compete at the 2019 ACC Indoor Track and Fiel ...

As has been the case all season, the Miami women's tennis team is top-20 in the Oracle/ITA nati ...