What’s Going On?

September 10: TODAY

The Richter Library is hosting an introductory workshop from 4 to 5 p.m. titled “Libraries in a Nutshell” to explain the ins and outs of the library’s physical and virtual environment.

The Intensive Language Institute is offering a free, non-credit English course for International Teaching Assistants (ITAs) who have not yet met the UM English proficiency requirements. Courses are offered Mondays and Wednesdays starting today from 9 to 10:30 a.m. in Allen Hall. Contact 305-284-4727 or e-mail alc.cstudies@miami.edu.

September 11: TUESDAY

The Jerry Herman Ring Theatre is showing “The Fantasticks,” a classic coming-of-age story and a timeless celebration of love, from 8 to 10:30 p.m. Free for UM students with a ‘Cane Card.

Self-defense classes for women, called Rape Aggression Defense (RAD), will instruct women to defend themselves against the most common types of assault. The program consists of 12 hours of instruction, broken up in four sessions. Sessions will take place on Sept. 11, 13, 18 and 20, from 6 to 9 p.m. Cost is $25 for students, faculty and staff, and $35 for non-UM affiliated individuals. Advance sign-up is required. For more information contact www.miami.edu/police or call 305-284-1105.

September 12: WEDNESDAY

The CAC will be screening “Pan’s Labyrinth” from 8 to 10 p.m. at the Cosford Cinema. UM students are admitted free with ‘Cane Card.

The losses keep coming for Miami Hurricanes football and Mark Richt. And this feels like the biggest ...

The University of Miami is on the verge of losing the architect of one of the nation’s best defenses ...

The postseason acknowledgments continue to roll in for Gerald Willis. The Miami Hurricanes defensive ...

It is recruiting season in college football, and the Miami Hurricanes have one particular commitment ...

The early signing period is right around the corner and the Miami Hurricanes have plenty of work to ...

UM public relations students unveiled their plans to reposition March for Our Lives to attract colle ...

The answer to that question may impact what happens to the European Union. ...

Most UM Debate Team members devote 10 to 15 hours of preparation for each tournament. ...

National Geographic connects with the University of Miami to empower the next generation of storytel ...

Following national recognition for its French production of Cinderella, the Frost Opera Theater is d ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...

Gerald Willis III added to his postseason awards list, picking up second-team All-America honors fro ...

Following its longest break of the season thus far, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews announced Friday the signing of two players ...

After a six-day layoff, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team will be back in action Sund ...