What’s Going On?

September 10: TODAY

The Richter Library is hosting an introductory workshop from 4 to 5 p.m. titled “Libraries in a Nutshell” to explain the ins and outs of the library’s physical and virtual environment.

The Intensive Language Institute is offering a free, non-credit English course for International Teaching Assistants (ITAs) who have not yet met the UM English proficiency requirements. Courses are offered Mondays and Wednesdays starting today from 9 to 10:30 a.m. in Allen Hall. Contact 305-284-4727 or e-mail alc.cstudies@miami.edu.

September 11: TUESDAY

The Jerry Herman Ring Theatre is showing “The Fantasticks,” a classic coming-of-age story and a timeless celebration of love, from 8 to 10:30 p.m. Free for UM students with a ‘Cane Card.

Self-defense classes for women, called Rape Aggression Defense (RAD), will instruct women to defend themselves against the most common types of assault. The program consists of 12 hours of instruction, broken up in four sessions. Sessions will take place on Sept. 11, 13, 18 and 20, from 6 to 9 p.m. Cost is $25 for students, faculty and staff, and $35 for non-UM affiliated individuals. Advance sign-up is required. For more information contact www.miami.edu/police or call 305-284-1105.

September 12: WEDNESDAY

The CAC will be screening “Pan’s Labyrinth” from 8 to 10 p.m. at the Cosford Cinema. UM students are admitted free with ‘Cane Card.

Pro Football Focus unveiled where Power 5 programs rank in tackles for a loss or no gain against the ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

Braylen Ingraham’s final college visit before decision day took him just about as far from home as p ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

On a historic afternoon for redshirt senior goalkeeper Phallon Tullis-Joyce, the University of Miami ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team kept its Sunday win streak alive by defeating Georgia Tech, 3-1 ...

The Miami women's tennis team wrapped up competition Sunday at the ITA Southeast Regional Champ ...

On the first day of Main Draw action at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Presented by Oracle ...

The Miami women's tennis team turned in a strong showing Saturday at the ITA Southeast Regional ...