What’s Going On?

September 10: TODAY

The Richter Library is hosting an introductory workshop from 4 to 5 p.m. titled “Libraries in a Nutshell” to explain the ins and outs of the library’s physical and virtual environment.

The Intensive Language Institute is offering a free, non-credit English course for International Teaching Assistants (ITAs) who have not yet met the UM English proficiency requirements. Courses are offered Mondays and Wednesdays starting today from 9 to 10:30 a.m. in Allen Hall. Contact 305-284-4727 or e-mail alc.cstudies@miami.edu.

September 11: TUESDAY

The Jerry Herman Ring Theatre is showing “The Fantasticks,” a classic coming-of-age story and a timeless celebration of love, from 8 to 10:30 p.m. Free for UM students with a ‘Cane Card.

Self-defense classes for women, called Rape Aggression Defense (RAD), will instruct women to defend themselves against the most common types of assault. The program consists of 12 hours of instruction, broken up in four sessions. Sessions will take place on Sept. 11, 13, 18 and 20, from 6 to 9 p.m. Cost is $25 for students, faculty and staff, and $35 for non-UM affiliated individuals. Advance sign-up is required. For more information contact www.miami.edu/police or call 305-284-1105.

September 12: WEDNESDAY

The CAC will be screening “Pan’s Labyrinth” from 8 to 10 p.m. at the Cosford Cinema. UM students are admitted free with ‘Cane Card.

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

George Stewart had a big problem, and little time to solve it. It was Week 6 of the 2018 season, and ...

One of the interesting subplots of this Hurricanes season will be watching the evolution of a bunch ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ Coach Manny Diaz said the quarterback race among Ta ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

Varona, an attorney and educator who specializes in administrative law, communications and media law ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...

Courtney spent nine years previously on Jim Larranaga's staff from 1996-2005. ...

The University of Miami track and field program received 17 All-America honors at the conclusion of ...