What’s Going On?

Sept 6: Today

Patio Jams will feature the hip-hop and soul group The Square Egg from noon to 1:45 p.m. at the UC Patio.

The CAC is holding a free sneak peek of “The Brothers Solomon” starring Will Arnett (“Arrested Development”), Will Forte (“Saturday Night Live”) and Jenna Fisher (“The Office”). The movie will run from 9 p.m. to midnight at the Cosford Cinema. Seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis.

Sept 7: Friday

Today is the last day to drop a class without receiving a “W” for a grade. It is also the payment deadline for students who are not financially registered.

President Shalala will hold a news conference at 11 a.m. about the upcoming Univision Democratic Forum. To watch the conference live, go to www.themiamihurricane.com and click the link to UMTV.

Hurricane Productions is hosting a free concert at the Rat from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. There will be live performances by Kidz In The Hall and The Square Egg.

Sept 8: Saturday

A three-gallery bus tour through the Wynwood Art District begins at the Lowe Art Museum at 1 p.m. The tour is free for art museum members and is $30 for non-members. R.S.V.P. at 305-284-6756.

Sept 9: Sunday

Destino 2008, the democratic presidential candidates forum being presented by the university and Univision, will take place today at the BankUnited Center at 6:30 p.m.

An asynchronous learning model provided an opportunity to create a hands-on process with a three-dimensional approach for a fall class. ...

Claire Paris-Limouzy started freediving for research and ended up becoming a record-breaking athlete who is also spearheading a Scientific Freediving program at the University. ...

Sociology scholars from around the world convened for a virtual conference hosted by the University of Miami on Thursday to explore shifting tendencies in international relocation and the implications for global social change. ...

Lauryn Williams, track and field and bobsled medalist, addressed the University community during Wednesday night’s “What Matters to U” virtual event. ...

During his appearance Tuesday on a webinar hosted by the University of Miami Patti and Allan Herbert Business School, tech mogul Eric Yuan highlighted the importance of a workplace culture of happiness and urged that businesses pay greater attention to the digital divide. ...