Shalala scheduled to discuss Univision forum at 11 a.m.

POSTED SEPT. 7 AT 2:10 A.M.

Please visit www.com.miami.edu or tune into UMTV channel 96 to watch the conference live.

President Donna E. Shalala is scheduled to participate in a press conference dealing with Sunday’s Univision forum. She will speak Friday morning in Studio C of the School of Communication.

Rudy Fernandez, vice president of government affairs, and Jacqueline Menendez, vice president for University Communications, are also scheduled to attend the event, which is geared towards the student press.

The press conferences comes two days before Sunday’s Univision forum, the first such debate to be translated into Spanish.

A similar event for Republican candidates was effectively canceled due to a lack of participation. Only Sen. John McCain of New Mexico agreed to attend, while the other candidates cited “scheduling conflicts.”

Greg Linch may be contacted at gregl@miami.edu

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

Mark Richt is sticking with the veteran. The Miami Hurricanes coach announced during the weekly Atla ...

Is there an apt comparison for this year’s American League Championship series between the Boston Re ...

If the University of Miami defense isn’t boiling with frustration by now, it must be simmering in an ...

Miami Hurricanes redshirt senior Gerald Willis was the lone UM football player chosen for the Associ ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

A grant from the German government will support a series of roundtable and networking sessions on U. ...

As BioNIUM’s new director, the chair of the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology plans t ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that globalization and technolo ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

For the second straight year, all of the Miami women's basketball teams will be televised and f ...

The University of Miami soccer team heads to the Tar Heel state for a pair of road matches beginning ...

Get to Know U is a series that introduces the newest members of the Miami Hurricanes track and field ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...