Shalala scheduled to discuss Univision forum at 11 a.m.

POSTED SEPT. 7 AT 2:10 A.M.

Please visit www.com.miami.edu or tune into UMTV channel 96 to watch the conference live.

President Donna E. Shalala is scheduled to participate in a press conference dealing with Sunday’s Univision forum. She will speak Friday morning in Studio C of the School of Communication.

Rudy Fernandez, vice president of government affairs, and Jacqueline Menendez, vice president for University Communications, are also scheduled to attend the event, which is geared towards the student press.

The press conferences comes two days before Sunday’s Univision forum, the first such debate to be translated into Spanish.

A similar event for Republican candidates was effectively canceled due to a lack of participation. Only Sen. John McCain of New Mexico agreed to attend, while the other candidates cited “scheduling conflicts.”

Greg Linch may be contacted at gregl@miami.edu

Friday was strange for Gino DiMare. It wasn’t because his whole family went out to the mound at Alex ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

The first half of Wednesday night’s game was as lousy as the weather outside the Watsco Center, as t ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The University of Miami baseball team opened the Gino DiMare era with a record-setting victory over ...

The Canes open the 75th season in program history and first under the direction of head coach Gino D ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...

The University of Miami golf team heads to the Big Easy to open competition Sunday at the 2019 Allst ...