What’s Going On?

August 30, Today

Join President Donna E. Shalala, Head Coach Randy Shannon, Band of the Hour, Cheerleaders and Sebastian for a pep rally from 12 p.m. to 12:45 p.m. at the Rock. Students may pick up free food and a t-shirt with $2 donation.

Students interested in international politics may attend, “Asian Security: India and China: The Key Players of the 21st Century.” China expert June Teufel Dreyer and Madhav Das Nalapat, Professor at Manipal University, India, will both speak at 6:30 p.m. in the Memorial Classroom Building, room 203. To R.S.V.P., call 305-284-8782.

SpectrUM is hosting a back-to-school bash tonight in UC Flamingo Ballroom from 8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m

August 31, Friday

The Cosford Cinema will screen the movie “In Between Days” from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and “Lady Chatterley” from 8:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.

The Canes Outdoor Recreation Program’s will meet from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. behind Brunstetter House (Apartment 22). Prospective members can discuss and sign up for this semester’s trips. Bring chips, drinks or desserts to share at the BBQ and $20 dues for the semester.

September 1, Saturday

The first football gave against Marshall will begin at 12:00 p.m. at the Orange Bowl. Students must bring ‘Cane Card for entry.

September 2, Sunday

Today is the last day of the Clay and Brush exhibit , which documents more than 1,000 Chinese ceramic works, at the Lowe Art Museum.

With the acquisition of the new instrument and an accompanying nanoindenter, studies at the College of Engineering are entering a new and advanced era of materials characterization. ...

University of Miami researchers applaud the scientific inquiry and access to reliable data that accompanies the legalization of cannabis—as four more states recently approved measures, and federal legislation to decriminalize it continues to progress. ...

The prestigious Pan American Art Projects Gallery will donate 25 percent of a virtual, live event to the University Libraries’ parcel. ...

Members of the University of Miami community share their ideas on how to persevere during the pandemic. ...

University and celebrity musicians will participate in a benefit concert on Thanksgiving Day to support the nonprofit organization Nurse Heroes Foundation. ...