Mark Your Calendar

August 30

Thursday: Film

Documentarian D.A. Pennebaker captured pieces of legendary musicians in his films “Jimi plays Monterey” (1986) & “Shake! Otis at Monterey” (1989) which will play at Upper East Side Garden as part of the Thursday Janus Film Night. Gates open at 6pm and tickets are seven dollars and include picnic mats, a bag of popcorn and a drink.

September 1

Saturday: Visual Arts

Being another year older can be a good thing. Forty contemporary artists from Israel and North America show their optimism through a mixed-media exhibition, “The Art of Aging,” at The Jewish Museum of Florida, located at 301 Washington Ave.. Tickets are six dollars and the exhibit runs through Sept. 23.

September 6

Speaker

At 8am, Former President Bill Clinton will visit Coral Gable’s Books & Books as part of his national book tour for “Giving: How Each of Us Can Change the World.” You must have a voucher to participate in this event. Visit booksandbooks.com for more information.

September 10

Concert

Tigercity with Stylofone performing at Studio A.

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Friday: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt hasn’t yet given any indication to the ...

There are few players across Florida whose recruitment has been harder to parse than Derick Hunter’s ...

While University of Miami fans are not exactly thrilled about their Hurricanes going against the Wis ...

There was a time John Dixon looked like he would have his choice of just about any college he wanted ...

Part 2 of a 3-part series Former Marlins president David Samson, now unshackled by any contractual r ...

Following national recognition for its French production of Cinderella, the Frost Opera Theater is d ...

Several UM art students are getting real-world exposure during a highly anticipated – and attended – ...

Over the past several years, more and more students are using UM Libraries as a study place, a meeti ...

A record number of gifts have been collected across UM campuses to benefit children and seniors in t ...

Former Prime Minister of Israel Ehud Barak, who previously served as minister of the interior and mi ...

Following its longest break of the season thus far, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team ...

After a six-day layoff, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team will be back in action Sund ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews announced Friday the signing of two players ...

University of Miami redshirt senior defensive tackle Gerald Willis III was recognized for his outsta ...

The University of Miami's redshirt senior setter Haley Templeton was named to the 2018 AVCA All ...