Mark Your Calendar

August 30

Thursday: Film

Documentarian D.A. Pennebaker captured pieces of legendary musicians in his films “Jimi plays Monterey” (1986) & “Shake! Otis at Monterey” (1989) which will play at Upper East Side Garden as part of the Thursday Janus Film Night. Gates open at 6pm and tickets are seven dollars and include picnic mats, a bag of popcorn and a drink.

September 1

Saturday: Visual Arts

Being another year older can be a good thing. Forty contemporary artists from Israel and North America show their optimism through a mixed-media exhibition, “The Art of Aging,” at The Jewish Museum of Florida, located at 301 Washington Ave.. Tickets are six dollars and the exhibit runs through Sept. 23.

September 6

Speaker

At 8am, Former President Bill Clinton will visit Coral Gable’s Books & Books as part of his national book tour for “Giving: How Each of Us Can Change the World.” You must have a voucher to participate in this event. Visit booksandbooks.com for more information.

September 10

Concert

Tigercity with Stylofone performing at Studio A.

TikTok’s rapid rise in popularity presents a business opportunity, as well as concerns about privacy ...

Miller School of Medicine professor JoNell Potter testifies before a Congressional subcommittee on h ...

A Fall Commencement speaker encourages graduates to “drink in the eternal foundation of happiness” b ...

As more hazardous hurricanes affect more disadvantaged populations, climate and public health expert ...

University of Miami atmospheric scientist Elliot Atlas is part of a NASA-funded project studying how ...

RSS Error: A feed could not be found at http://www.hurricanesports.com/rss.aspx. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed.