Bone Thugs N’ Harmony Loyalty in the hip-hop game

The new release “Strength & Loyalty” from Bone Thugs N’ Harmony is something of a second-coming for the long-established rap group. The group has been on the tongues of hip-hop fans since their 1994 Grammy-nominated debut “Creepin on ah Come Up,” which was named by Source Magazine as one of the 100 Best Rap Albums. The group has endured their fair share of hard times, including solo attempts and dropping a member along their 13-year journey. However, after teaming with executive producer Swizz Beatz and Full Surface Records, the trio attempted to re-establish their position among the industry’s elite with “Strength & Loyalty.”

The single off the album is “I Tried,” an inspirational and catchy hit featuring the melodic hook-king Akon. The song discusses issues like race, relationships and broken dreams. The Jermaine Dupri-produced “Lil Love” features heavyweights Mariah Carey and Bow Wow, showing a softer side to Bone Thugs. “Streets” is a jumping and upbeat summer-style song produced by versatile producer will.i.am and features lyrical mastermind The Game. Finally, Akon appears on the final track off the album, “Never Forget Me,” where the trio urges its truest fans and even newest followers to keep the group alive in mind and soul. They mention the struggles they’ve endured, the envy they’ve seen and the strength they’ve maintained in an effort to become immortals in the hip-hop game. The album features truly phenomenal producers which makes the album phenomenal from a production aspect, but mediocre in lyricism and subject matter. Despite much anticipation, and even three or four high-quality tracks, the album fails to live up to the high expectations Bone Thugs N’ Harmony’s fans have come to expect.

Dan Buyanovsky may be contacted at danbuyanovsky@yahoo.com.

It could be a fruitful year for the Miami Hurricanes in the 2019 NFL Draft. NFL Draft analyst Mel Ki ...

A quick six-pack off UM coach Manny Diaz’s conversation with Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey Jr. on WQAM’ ...

UM was very fortunate that junior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Mike Pinckney and Zach McCloud a ...

Hard Rock Stadium will be filled with Miami fans — and probably only Miami fans — when the two colle ...

They made school history on Sunday with a nationally-televised road upset of No. 2 Louisville, and o ...

UM public health experts try to help tackle Venezuela’s ongoing health care crisis. ...

The Ring Theatre’s contemporary reworking of Molière’s “The Misanthrope” showcases the skills of UM’ ...

Miami Law’s Frances Hill answers key questions about the National Emergencies Act. ...

Researcher Rebecca Bulotsky Shearer is leading a study aimed at increasing the number of kids who ar ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

The Hurricanes will wrap up a four-game homestand with a midweek game against FAU on Wednesday at 6 ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team is set to cap its longest road stretch of the season T ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami golf team closed out the 2019 Allstate Sugar Bowl Intercollegi ...

The University of Miami swimming & diving team begins its run at the 2019 ACC Swimming & Div ...

For the second week in a row, the Miami women's basketball team made the largest leap of any sc ...