University to announce stadium decision at 10:30

POSTED AUG. 21 AT 9:50 A.M.

The university is expected to announce a decision regarding the future of home Hurricane football games at 10:30 a.m. during a press conference in the Hecht Athletic Center.

The UM Board of Trustee’s executive committee is currently meeting in the Hurricane 100 room of the BankUnited Center to decide whether or not to stay at the Orange Bowl or move to Dolphin Stadium.

As of about 9:30 a.m., a few people–likely university media relations and other officials–stood outside the Hurricane 100 room and several UM police officers patrolled the area on bikes and Segways.

Media have began arriving at the Hecht Athletic Center, with cars and television trucks lined up outside.

Please continue to check TheMiamiHurricane.com for updates.

Greg Linch may be contacted at gregl@miami.edu.i

Instead of in-person celebrations at Hard Rock Stadium, President Julio Frenk announced that the University of Miami will hold its four observances online because of updated COVID-19 data. ...

The newly chartered Peruvian Students Association seeks to expand its impact and influence beyond campus, supporting protests against education cutbacks in the South American country and connecting students across the United States to their Andean roots. ...

Leyna Stemle found that by attaching green LED lights to fishing nets in Ghana, the illumination was able to divert most of the reptiles from becoming entangled and hurt. ...

As the world observes the 32nd annual World AIDS Day, a University of Miami team is shining a bright light on a neighborhood initiative to curtail the epidemic. ...

With the acquisition of the new instrument and an accompanying nanoindenter, studies at the College of Engineering are entering a new and advanced era of materials characterization. ...