Tim Russert to speak at fourth annual fall convocation

POSTED AUG. 15 AT 9:50 P.M.

“Meet the Press” moderator and managing editor Tim Russert will speak at the BankUnited Center on Aug. 27 at 6:30 p.m. as part of the university’s fourth fall convocation

Russert, who has moderated several political debates including one of the Presidential Election Debates in 2004, plans to present “A View from Washington” to the UM community.

Voted “America’s Best Interviewer” in 2004 by Reader’s Digest, Russert has interviewed influential politicians such as President George Bush and Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.

He began to work for NBC News in 1984 as a political analyst and currently works as their Washington bureau chief.

Students planning to attend the event must present their ‘Cane Cards at the front door.

Karyn Meshbane is the News Editor and may be contacted at k.meshbane@umiami.edu.

The losses keep coming for Miami Hurricanes football and Mark Richt. And this feels like the biggest ...

The University of Miami is on the verge of losing the architect of one of the nation’s best defenses ...

The postseason acknowledgments continue to roll in for Gerald Willis. The Miami Hurricanes defensive ...

It is recruiting season in college football, and the Miami Hurricanes have one particular commitment ...

The early signing period is right around the corner and the Miami Hurricanes have plenty of work to ...

UM public relations students unveiled their plans to reposition March for Our Lives to attract colle ...

The answer to that question may impact what happens to the European Union. ...

Most UM Debate Team members devote 10 to 15 hours of preparation for each tournament. ...

National Geographic connects with the University of Miami to empower the next generation of storytel ...

Following national recognition for its French production of Cinderella, the Frost Opera Theater is d ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...

Gerald Willis III added to his postseason awards list, picking up second-team All-America honors fro ...

Following its longest break of the season thus far, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews announced Friday the signing of two players ...

After a six-day layoff, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team will be back in action Sund ...