Sports Briefs:Rowing, Men’s Tennis

Rowing: ‘Canes finish fourth

The Miami Hurricanes’ rowing squads registered a fourth place team effort at the Atlantic Coast Conference Rowing Championship. The Hurricanes totaled 25 team points, coming behind Virginia, Clemson and Duke, respectively.

Both Miami’s Varsity Four-Jessica Cruz, Stacey Kerr, Julianne Parker, Sarah Stocks and Rachel Sporko-and the Varsity 8-Meghan Leydecker, Laura Cordner, Sarah Conlon, Laura Coltman, Kelly Amsler, Caitlin Augustin, Emy Hunsman, Karen Wiley, and Natasha Lejer-finished in fourth place. Additionally, the Hurricanes’ JV 8 finished in fifth place, while the Novice 8 finished in sixth place.

“It was a very well-called race and we met all of our specified goals, making it a very positive experience,” Varsity 8 crew member Caitlin Augustin said. “We are psyched for centrals!”

Additionally, two Hurricanes, senior Laura Coltman and sophomore Laura Cordner, were selected as part of the 14-member All-ACC team. For Coltman, this was her second honor, while it was the first for Cordner.

Men’s Tennis: Cohen reaches the top

Josh Cohen is the Miami Hurricanes’ winningest men’s tennis player ever. The senior from Weston, Fla. has been a very productive member of the Hurricanes’ squad for four seasons.

In his Hurricane career, he has played in the No. 1, No. 2 and No. 3 singles positions, and he has flourished in every position. Additionally, Cohen has recorded 90 singles wins and 81 doubles wins in his Hurricanes career.

He has been a constant over the last four seasons and will be surely missed, on the court and in the locker room, after this season.

NFL Draft information compiled by Pravin Patel. Rowing and tennis information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

June is a huge recruiting month for the Miami Hurricanes. It concludes with Paradise Camp on June 22 ...

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

George Stewart had a big problem, and little time to solve it. It was Week 6 of the 2018 season, and ...

One of the interesting subplots of this Hurricanes season will be watching the evolution of a bunch ...

The Frost Chopin Festival and Academy at the University of Miami provides unparalleled experiences f ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...