Sports Briefs:Rowing, Men’s Tennis

Rowing: ‘Canes finish fourth

The Miami Hurricanes’ rowing squads registered a fourth place team effort at the Atlantic Coast Conference Rowing Championship. The Hurricanes totaled 25 team points, coming behind Virginia, Clemson and Duke, respectively.

Both Miami’s Varsity Four-Jessica Cruz, Stacey Kerr, Julianne Parker, Sarah Stocks and Rachel Sporko-and the Varsity 8-Meghan Leydecker, Laura Cordner, Sarah Conlon, Laura Coltman, Kelly Amsler, Caitlin Augustin, Emy Hunsman, Karen Wiley, and Natasha Lejer-finished in fourth place. Additionally, the Hurricanes’ JV 8 finished in fifth place, while the Novice 8 finished in sixth place.

“It was a very well-called race and we met all of our specified goals, making it a very positive experience,” Varsity 8 crew member Caitlin Augustin said. “We are psyched for centrals!”

Additionally, two Hurricanes, senior Laura Coltman and sophomore Laura Cordner, were selected as part of the 14-member All-ACC team. For Coltman, this was her second honor, while it was the first for Cordner.

Men’s Tennis: Cohen reaches the top

Josh Cohen is the Miami Hurricanes’ winningest men’s tennis player ever. The senior from Weston, Fla. has been a very productive member of the Hurricanes’ squad for four seasons.

In his Hurricane career, he has played in the No. 1, No. 2 and No. 3 singles positions, and he has flourished in every position. Additionally, Cohen has recorded 90 singles wins and 81 doubles wins in his Hurricanes career.

He has been a constant over the last four seasons and will be surely missed, on the court and in the locker room, after this season.

NFL Draft information compiled by Pravin Patel. Rowing and tennis information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Former University of Miami star running back Mark Walton was arrested late Friday on a charge of mis ...

Friday was strange for Gino DiMare. It wasn’t because his whole family went out to the mound at Alex ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The sophomore first baseman slugged his second homer of the weekend to lead the Canes to a series wi ...

The University of Miami baseball team opened the Gino DiMare era with a record-setting victory over ...

The University of Miami women's swimming team put together 14 lifetime bests Saturday at its an ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...