Sports Briefs:Rowing, Men’s Tennis

Rowing: ‘Canes finish fourth

The Miami Hurricanes’ rowing squads registered a fourth place team effort at the Atlantic Coast Conference Rowing Championship. The Hurricanes totaled 25 team points, coming behind Virginia, Clemson and Duke, respectively.

Both Miami’s Varsity Four-Jessica Cruz, Stacey Kerr, Julianne Parker, Sarah Stocks and Rachel Sporko-and the Varsity 8-Meghan Leydecker, Laura Cordner, Sarah Conlon, Laura Coltman, Kelly Amsler, Caitlin Augustin, Emy Hunsman, Karen Wiley, and Natasha Lejer-finished in fourth place. Additionally, the Hurricanes’ JV 8 finished in fifth place, while the Novice 8 finished in sixth place.

“It was a very well-called race and we met all of our specified goals, making it a very positive experience,” Varsity 8 crew member Caitlin Augustin said. “We are psyched for centrals!”

Additionally, two Hurricanes, senior Laura Coltman and sophomore Laura Cordner, were selected as part of the 14-member All-ACC team. For Coltman, this was her second honor, while it was the first for Cordner.

Men’s Tennis: Cohen reaches the top

Josh Cohen is the Miami Hurricanes’ winningest men’s tennis player ever. The senior from Weston, Fla. has been a very productive member of the Hurricanes’ squad for four seasons.

In his Hurricane career, he has played in the No. 1, No. 2 and No. 3 singles positions, and he has flourished in every position. Additionally, Cohen has recorded 90 singles wins and 81 doubles wins in his Hurricanes career.

He has been a constant over the last four seasons and will be surely missed, on the court and in the locker room, after this season.

NFL Draft information compiled by Pravin Patel. Rowing and tennis information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

They both returned to earn their degrees and finish their college football careers with their brothe ...

Court adjourned at United States v. James Gatto on Monday, but not before one last piece of good new ...

Add former five-star running back recruit Lorenzo Lingard to the growing list of injured Miami Hurri ...

Here’s our story on the big news of the day: Mark Richt admonishing N’Kosi Perry for posting a video ...

University of Miami redshirt freshman quarterback N’Kosi Perry has been reprimanded for posting a vi ...

Fresh off fall break, News@TheU catches up with students to learn what foods make them feel at home. ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

A new study by University of Miami psychology researchers of anonymous interactions suggests that hu ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The Hurricanes head to Chestnut Hill, Mass., for a for a nationally-televised game against a rough a ...

A trio of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes will continue to make a run at the ...

The Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame announced the 14 semifinalists for the 2018 Paycom Jim Thorpe Award ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team kept its Sunday win streak alive by defeating Georgia Tech, 3-1 ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team continues to have success in the Main Draw, as a pair ...