Sports Briefs:Rowing, Men’s Tennis

Rowing: ‘Canes finish fourth

The Miami Hurricanes’ rowing squads registered a fourth place team effort at the Atlantic Coast Conference Rowing Championship. The Hurricanes totaled 25 team points, coming behind Virginia, Clemson and Duke, respectively.

Both Miami’s Varsity Four-Jessica Cruz, Stacey Kerr, Julianne Parker, Sarah Stocks and Rachel Sporko-and the Varsity 8-Meghan Leydecker, Laura Cordner, Sarah Conlon, Laura Coltman, Kelly Amsler, Caitlin Augustin, Emy Hunsman, Karen Wiley, and Natasha Lejer-finished in fourth place. Additionally, the Hurricanes’ JV 8 finished in fifth place, while the Novice 8 finished in sixth place.

“It was a very well-called race and we met all of our specified goals, making it a very positive experience,” Varsity 8 crew member Caitlin Augustin said. “We are psyched for centrals!”

Additionally, two Hurricanes, senior Laura Coltman and sophomore Laura Cordner, were selected as part of the 14-member All-ACC team. For Coltman, this was her second honor, while it was the first for Cordner.

Men’s Tennis: Cohen reaches the top

Josh Cohen is the Miami Hurricanes’ winningest men’s tennis player ever. The senior from Weston, Fla. has been a very productive member of the Hurricanes’ squad for four seasons.

In his Hurricane career, he has played in the No. 1, No. 2 and No. 3 singles positions, and he has flourished in every position. Additionally, Cohen has recorded 90 singles wins and 81 doubles wins in his Hurricanes career.

He has been a constant over the last four seasons and will be surely missed, on the court and in the locker room, after this season.

NFL Draft information compiled by Pravin Patel. Rowing and tennis information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Father, mother, and daughter will all be students at the University of Miami this fall semester. ...

UM weather expert and senior research associate Brian McNoldy explains the science behind lightning ...

As students make their way back to campus for the new school year, here’s a refresher on some of the ...

President Julio Frenk and student leaders formally welcome first-year and transfer students to campu ...

Marc Gellman, a University of Miami research associate professor, recounts his experience attending ...

Miami's defensive tackles have traditionally been some of the Hurricanes' best players, wh ...

On the final night of its trip abroad, the Miami men's basketball team defeated LCC Internation ...

Sophomores Brevin Jordan and Will Mallory look to follow in the footsteps of the greats before them ...

Jarren Williams stepped into the spotlight for the first time Tuesday as Miami's starting quart ...

Former Miami soccer player Dalanda Ouendeno is attempting to become the first foreign female pit cre ...