Faculty Senate elects 2007-08 chair, vice chairs

The University of Miami Faculty Senate reelected Stephen Sapp, professor and chair of the Department of Religious Studies, for the 2007-2008 term.

The vote, which took place May 2, also saw the election of Sherrill Hayes, professor and chair of the Department of Physical Therapy, as first vice chair and Rene Sacasas, professor and chair of the Department of Business Law, as second vice chair.

The Faculty Senate, which deals with academic policies, new program and degree approvals, annual budgets, faculty grievances, and chair and dean reviews, meets once a month during the academic year.

Senate officials are elected annually, while senators from each school are elected for three year terms.

A current list of faculty senators, meeting dates and contact information may be found at www.miami.edu/FacultySenate.

Kelly Herson may be contacted at k.herson@umiami.edu.

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

As bleak as it seems now for the University of Miami, the Canes can still take a repeat trip to Char ...

A half dozen takeaways from UM’s demoralizing 16-13 loss at Virginia on Saturday: ▪ As was the case ...

So, who’s the quarterback now? The No. 16 Miami Hurricanes came to Charlottesville on Saturday with ...

More than 600 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service ...

Home Truth, the story of Jessica Lenahan’s pursuit of more effective domestic violence laws, screene ...

Members of the UM community who want to donate to relief efforts for those impacted by Hurricanes Mi ...

The University of Miami’s Model UN is working to expand its membership and reputation with its first ...

During a keynote address at a conference in Los Angeles, entrepreneurial heavyweight Magic Leap anno ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...

The Canes have won five straight games and are 2-0 in the ACC, but they know they have a tough road ...