Campus Quirks: Graduation

After four long, and yet so short years, I’m starting to have flashbacks as to what it feels like to be a senior. Four years ago, I was a senior at a small international high school in Mexico City, buzzing with questions:

“What food can possibly be crappier than the Tuck Shop’s pizza?”

“How will I get into a good college?”

“Where will I hang out for drinks after The Dubliner is miles away?”

Now, as a senior at a university in Coral Gables, I find myself asking similar questions:

“What food can possibly be crappier than Chartwells?”

“How will I get a job, any job?”

“Screw drinks, what am I going to do without the gliders at the Rat?”

And yet, as I carefully slave through classes to make sure I clear with enough credits to walk, as I prepare r

Romello Height already had a top five publicly revealed when the Miami Hurricanes finally stepped in ...

Mark Pope knows his freshman year with the Miami Hurricanes didn’t play out the way it was supposed ...

Fredrick Eaford was quick to make it clear the Miami Hurricanes were his dream team to commit to. Af ...

Linebacker might be the most important position for the Miami Hurricanes to recruit in the Class of ...

Issiah Walker Jr. won’t be at Paradise Camp on Saturday. Instead of attending the Miami Hurricanes’ ...

Evo Morales, first elected president of Bolivia in 2005, and could win an unprecedented fourth term ...

The University of Miami Black Alumni Society is hosting a number of Juneteenth events around the cou ...

The University of Miami Rosenstiel School’s Rescue a Reef program teams up with the NFL and others t ...

The Frost Chopin Festival and Academy at the University of Miami provides unparalleled experiences f ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Jackie Lippincott, Autumn Kramer and Meredith Costello were among the 61 student-athletes named to t ...

Renate Grimstad and Kristyna Frydlova of the University of Miami women's golf team were selecte ...

The Miami women's basketball team will face Indiana at the Watsco Center in the 2019 Big Ten/AC ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...