Campus Quirks: Graduation

After four long, and yet so short years, I’m starting to have flashbacks as to what it feels like to be a senior. Four years ago, I was a senior at a small international high school in Mexico City, buzzing with questions:

“What food can possibly be crappier than the Tuck Shop’s pizza?”

“How will I get into a good college?”

“Where will I hang out for drinks after The Dubliner is miles away?”

Now, as a senior at a university in Coral Gables, I find myself asking similar questions:

“What food can possibly be crappier than Chartwells?”

“How will I get a job, any job?”

“Screw drinks, what am I going to do without the gliders at the Rat?”

And yet, as I carefully slave through classes to make sure I clear with enough credits to walk, as I prepare r

Boston College star Ky Bowman came down with a 102-degree fever on Saturday night. Jordan Chatman an ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Sunday: ▪ New UM defensive coordinator Blake Baker has asked UM ...

Emese Hof and No. 20 Miami think they can play with anyone, and it shows. Hof scored 18 of her 25 po ...

New University of Miami baseball head coach Gino DiMare wanted to start strong. He got perfection. T ...

Former University of Miami star running back Mark Walton was arrested late Friday on a charge of mis ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team stormed back from a 14-point deficit to pick up the bi ...

Brian Van Belle struck out five over six shutout innings to help the Canes sweep Rutgers on opening ...

The Hurricanes dropped a tight contest with the Eagles in Chestnut Hill, 64-57. ...

The sophomore first baseman slugged his second homer of the weekend to lead the Canes to a series wi ...

Junior Renate Grimstad led the way for Miami and is tied for 18th at one-over-par, while sophomore K ...