Campus Quirks: Graduation

After four long, and yet so short years, I’m starting to have flashbacks as to what it feels like to be a senior. Four years ago, I was a senior at a small international high school in Mexico City, buzzing with questions:

“What food can possibly be crappier than the Tuck Shop’s pizza?”

“How will I get into a good college?”

“Where will I hang out for drinks after The Dubliner is miles away?”

Now, as a senior at a university in Coral Gables, I find myself asking similar questions:

“What food can possibly be crappier than Chartwells?”

“How will I get a job, any job?”

“Screw drinks, what am I going to do without the gliders at the Rat?”

And yet, as I carefully slave through classes to make sure I clear with enough credits to walk, as I prepare r

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ secondary continues to get stronger. Miami, which already holds a pair of comm ...

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

A fabulous team of staff and volunteers labors long and hard, primed with school spirit, behind the ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

University of Miami head coach Gino DiMare released the Hurricanes' 2019 baseball schedule Thur ...

Senior Dew Weber of the University of Miami golf team continued to march towards her professional go ...

The University of Miami soccer team dropped its ACC road match against NC State, 1-0, Thursday night ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will take part in the ITA Southeast Regional Champion ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team returns to competition this weekend, ...