School of Business dean Sugrue retiring after 15 years at Miami

Paul K. Sugrue, who has served as dean of the School of Business for 15 years, will retire at the end of the academic year.

During Sugrue’s tenure, UM has been ranked the number one business school in Florida.

Other accomplishments that have resulted from Sugrue’s leadership include a rise in GMAT scores of more than 100 points, higher SAT scores among undergraduate students accepted to the school of more than 160 points and an increase in the business school faculty by 20 percent.

Sugrue has recently raised $20 million for the Miguel B. Fernandez Family Entrepreneurship Building, a new 195,000 square-foot facility. Sugrue has also raised $50 million in donations and $150 million in special program revenues. This money is used for scholarships, school facilities and the financing of new chairs.

“I have enjoyed the opportunity to work with the faculty to make this one of the top business schools in the country,” Sugrue said in a press release.

Sugrue will continue as dean until a successor is chosen.

While the University of Miami has just three Class of 2019 oral commitments on offense, the Canes ha ...

Gerald Willis’ monster season has earned another piece of national recognition. On Monday, the Miami ...

It hasn’t been a great few weeks on the recruiting trail for the Miami Hurricanes with regards to of ...

A six-pack of Heat notes, leading up to Heat-Lakers on Monday night: ▪ In the days before one of his ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Friday: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt hasn’t yet given any indication to the ...

Most UM Debate Team members devote 10 to 15 hours of preparation for each tournament. ...

National Geographic connects with the University of Miami to empower the next generation of storytel ...

Following national recognition for its French production of Cinderella, the Frost Opera Theater is d ...

Several UM art students are getting real-world exposure during a highly anticipated – and attended – ...

Over the past several years, more and more students are using UM Libraries as a study place, a meeti ...

Gerald Willis III added to his postseason awards list, picking up second-team All-America honors fro ...

Following its longest break of the season thus far, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews announced Friday the signing of two players ...

After a six-day layoff, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team will be back in action Sund ...

University of Miami redshirt senior defensive tackle Gerald Willis III was recognized for his outsta ...