School of Business dean Sugrue retiring after 15 years at Miami

Paul K. Sugrue, who has served as dean of the School of Business for 15 years, will retire at the end of the academic year.

During Sugrue’s tenure, UM has been ranked the number one business school in Florida.

Other accomplishments that have resulted from Sugrue’s leadership include a rise in GMAT scores of more than 100 points, higher SAT scores among undergraduate students accepted to the school of more than 160 points and an increase in the business school faculty by 20 percent.

Sugrue has recently raised $20 million for the Miguel B. Fernandez Family Entrepreneurship Building, a new 195,000 square-foot facility. Sugrue has also raised $50 million in donations and $150 million in special program revenues. This money is used for scholarships, school facilities and the financing of new chairs.

“I have enjoyed the opportunity to work with the faculty to make this one of the top business schools in the country,” Sugrue said in a press release.

Sugrue will continue as dean until a successor is chosen.

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ secondary continues to get stronger. Miami, which already holds a pair of comm ...

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

A fabulous team of staff and volunteers labors long and hard, primed with school spirit, behind the ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

University of Miami head coach Gino DiMare released the Hurricanes' 2019 baseball schedule Thur ...

Senior Dew Weber of the University of Miami golf team continued to march towards her professional go ...

The University of Miami soccer team dropped its ACC road match against NC State, 1-0, Thursday night ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will take part in the ITA Southeast Regional Champion ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team returns to competition this weekend, ...