School of Business dean Sugrue retiring after 15 years at Miami

Paul K. Sugrue, who has served as dean of the School of Business for 15 years, will retire at the end of the academic year.

During Sugrue’s tenure, UM has been ranked the number one business school in Florida.

Other accomplishments that have resulted from Sugrue’s leadership include a rise in GMAT scores of more than 100 points, higher SAT scores among undergraduate students accepted to the school of more than 160 points and an increase in the business school faculty by 20 percent.

Sugrue has recently raised $20 million for the Miguel B. Fernandez Family Entrepreneurship Building, a new 195,000 square-foot facility. Sugrue has also raised $50 million in donations and $150 million in special program revenues. This money is used for scholarships, school facilities and the financing of new chairs.

“I have enjoyed the opportunity to work with the faculty to make this one of the top business schools in the country,” Sugrue said in a press release.

Sugrue will continue as dean until a successor is chosen.

University of Miami tailback/fullback Trayone Gray, a popular fifth-year senior out of Miami Carol C ...

When Mother’s Day came around back in May, Keontra Smith knew it was time to unveil his college comm ...

University of Miami true freshman quarterback Jarren Williams was not at practice on Tuesday morning ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Monday: ▪ The Hurricanes, who began the offseason with five highly sk ...

There’s no doubt who the starting quarterback is at the University of Miami. As for those other thre ...

Conquer common back to school challenges with an expert's guide for parents and children. ...

Unique camp supports children whose parents have cancer. ...

New study shows that discriminating against workers with tattoos puts hiring managers at a competiti ...

Bill Clinton convenes the second summit of his CGI Action Network on Post-Disaster Recovery at UM. ...

A UM researcher has determined that children exposed to traumatic events exhibit pains that if left ...

Head coach Mark Richt, all 10 assistant coaches and more than 50 players met with the media at the N ...

The Miami Hurricanes were under the lights at Hard Rock Stadium Saturday, closing out the opening we ...

The University of Miami volleyball program reported for training on Tuesday, officially beginning pr ...

Several members of Miami's highly-rated recruiting class have entered fall camp hungry to prove ...

Two University of Miami Track and Field athletes represented their respective countries at the Europ ...