Freshmen living on campus will not be allowed cars in ’08-’09 school year

Beginning fall 2008, freshmen living on campus will not be allowed cars for the entire year.

Patricia A. Whitely, vice president of Student Affairs, said the decision will not affect commuter students and administrators will make exceptions for students with special needs. She add that the decision came as part of a new strategy towards undergraduate students.

“It’s really centered around trying to keep freshmen on campus, adding more programming and limiting overcrowding,” Whitely said.

The new policy will be drafted during the next six to nine months and will affect the class of 2012.

With the acquisition of the new instrument and an accompanying nanoindenter, studies at the College of Engineering are entering a new and advanced era of materials characterization. ...

University of Miami researchers applaud the scientific inquiry and access to reliable data that accompanies the legalization of cannabis—as four more states recently approved measures, and federal legislation to decriminalize it continues to progress. ...

The prestigious Pan American Art Projects Gallery will donate 25 percent of a virtual, live event to the University Libraries’ parcel. ...

Members of the University of Miami community share their ideas on how to persevere during the pandemic. ...

University and celebrity musicians will participate in a benefit concert on Thanksgiving Day to support the nonprofit organization Nurse Heroes Foundation. ...