What’s going on?

TODAY (Apr 20)
Enjoy rides, games, prizes, food and free contraception at the Annual Safe Sex Carnival from 7-11 p.m. on the Green.

Celebrate the Earth’s beauty at the Go Green Festival in honor of Greenpeace from 9-12 p.m. at the UC patio. The festival will include a presentation by Earth Alert President Lara Polansky followed by the psychadelic grunge band Do Make Say Think of Constellation Records.

SATURDAY (Apr 21)
Watch a story about one girl’s obsession with a celebrity during the showing of “Backstage” at 9 p.m. at Cosford Cinema. Admission is free with ‘Cane Card.

Preview art by UM students during the continuing “UM Student Exhibition” at the Lowe Art Museum. The exhibit will be available until May 3, and admission is free with ‘Cane Card.

SUNDAY (Apr 22)
Join the UM community for the 19th Annual AIDS Walk, a 3.1 mile walk followed by a celebration sponsored by MTV at the finish line. Registration begins at 8 a.m. and the walk will begin and end at the Miami Convention Center.

MONDAY (Apr 23)
A competition of beauty, intrigue and allure describes the 2007 Miss Diamond Scholarship Pageant hosted by Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity. The contest starts at 7 p.m. at Storer Auditorium and tickets cost $7 at the door.

An asynchronous learning model provided an opportunity to create a hands-on process with a three-dimensional approach for a fall class. ...

Claire Paris-Limouzy started freediving for research and ended up becoming a record-breaking athlete who is also spearheading a Scientific Freediving program at the University. ...

Sociology scholars from around the world convened for a virtual conference hosted by the University of Miami on Thursday to explore shifting tendencies in international relocation and the implications for global social change. ...

Lauryn Williams, track and field and bobsled medalist, addressed the University community during Wednesday night’s “What Matters to U” virtual event. ...

During his appearance Tuesday on a webinar hosted by the University of Miami Patti and Allan Herbert Business School, tech mogul Eric Yuan highlighted the importance of a workplace culture of happiness and urged that businesses pay greater attention to the digital divide. ...