Weird News: No child left without an iPod, and more

iPods for every Michigan child

Michigan state Democrats want to appeal to both education and children at the same time by providing an iPod for every child. The state, however is facing a budget crisis of approximately one billion dollars. Nonetheless, House Democrats delivered a spending bill which includes putting $38 million worth of public funds toward supplying every student with an mp3 player. State representatives are attracted to the iPod plan because of its ability to be easily used as educational devices, to transport digital documents and projects, or it could even be used to listen to lectures. Also, this is not a new idea-Duke University recently gave iPods to all incoming freshmen.

50-pound kindergartener charged with felony

A few weeks ago, Desre’e Watson, 6, of Avon Park, Fl threw a little bit of a temper tantrum. She cried, wailed, kicked, scratched and even hit a teacher. Instead of a timeout, Avon Elementary School called the police. After the cops arrived, Desre’e attempted to resist arrest by crawling under a table and once she was pulled out, she was cuffed, put into the patrol car and driven to the county jail where she was charged with a felony and two misdemeanors.

Compiled by Martamaria Gomez

University of Miami coach Mark Richt apparently is a fan of President Teddy Roosevelt’s — or at leas ...

If there was one freshman the Miami Hurricanes knew would have to help entering the season, Brevin J ...

Not only has Gerald Willis been one of the best stories of the Miami Hurricanes’ season, he has also ...

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that global pressures are makin ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

Dr. Ralph Sacco, a top neurologist and researcher at the University of Miami Miller School of Medici ...

U.S. Congresswoman and Chairman Emerita of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs Ileana Ros-Lehtine ...

Nearly 400 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service da ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...