Police Beat

Pick up the paper every Friday to read the Public Safety call log.

For further information on any of these services, visit Public Safety’s website at www.miami.edu/publicsafety, or contact the Crime Prevention Office at (305) 284-1105.

If you are a victim of a crime, call the Department of Public Safety at 305-284-6666 or if calling from a campus phone dial 8-6666.

CRIME LOG

WEDNESDAY APRIL 11
4:30 p.m., Auto theft, West Laboratory School

FRIDAY APRIL 13
3:25 a.m., Vandalism, Apt. area
1:00 p.m., Theft, Clarke Recital Hall
1:00 p.m., Theft, Hecht Res. College
1:25 p.m., Assault, Ashe Building
3:20 p.m., Theft, School of Law

SATURDAY APRIL 14
1:07 a.m., Alcohol Violation, Hecht Residential College

SUNDAY APRIL 15
1:17 a.m., Drug Possession, Clarke Recital Hall
N/A, Marijuana Possession, Clarke Recital Hall

TUESDAY APRIL 17
8:00 a.m., Vandalism, Founders Hall

Caribbean experts assessed the coronavirus’s impact on the region in a webinar on Nov. 19 hosted by the University of Miami Institute for Advanced Study of the Americas. ...

A project on race, housing, and displacement in Miami connects past patterns of discrimination to modern disparities. ...

United Black Students and the Black Student Athlete Alliance, in partnership with the University of Miami administration, mobilize to honor the lives lost due to police brutality. ...

As students and faculty and staff members prepare to wrap up the Fall 2020 semester, here’s a look at the availability of facilities and services during the break. ...

The University of Miami president called for increased cooperation, new powers for the World Health Organization, and transparency incentives as critical to manage and mitigate future health outbreaks. ...