‘ONE + ONE’ equals double the talent

Up-and-coming world class DJs, James Zabiela and Nic Fanciulli, have teamed up to offer the millions of electronica dance music fans a double-disc album set that’s sure to please.

In the collaboration properly named “ONE+ONE,” the two created 14 straight tracks that mix into one another, making seem like one long song if one played it through and didn’t look at their iPod. Although this may seem overwhelming to some, this is the norm for the thousands of fans that showed up all over Miami for the Winter Music conference and Ultra.

On “ONE+ONE” both Zabiela and Fanciulli push their talent to the limit and create some ingenious tracks. Title songs in the album include new versions of Zabiela’s “Human,” as well as Fanciulli’s “ONE+ONE” version of his hit “Scratch’n’Sniff.” The two also created one new track that they both wrote, “Rover,” a futuristic tune mid-tempo tune that’s a perfect opener on disc one.

The entire effort is one smooth and sultry ride from beginning to end. The mixing is executed to perfection and eccentric sounds developed are pleasing to the ear. While working on the album the two debuted the new Q2 Dual DJ mixer, a new tool that allows DJ’s to mix back to back with enhanced flow then previous equipment.

The album is scheduled for released in North America this month; however, Miami got a special treat when the two were lured in by Future Mob Productions to perform during WMC at the Fifth in South Beach.

Their performance, which was the “One+One” grand premiere night, was flawless and drew in hundreds to the sold-out plush venue and the boys are still currently on an extensive US tour.

Marcos Colon can be reached at m.colon2@umiami.edu

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

The first half of Wednesday night’s game was as lousy as the weather outside the Watsco Center, as t ...

UM coach Manny Diaz took his staff to the Florida Keys on Tuesday evening to visit with famous Keys ...

Dominic Mammarelli didn’t only commit to the Miami Hurricanes because of Mark Richt and his old staf ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The Shelley family shares their story of four generations at the University of Miami. ...

Mark Rowlands, a University of Miami professor who adopted and raised a wolf-dog cub, observed the s ...

The Canes open the 75th season in program history and first under the direction of head coach Gino D ...

The No. 15 Miami women's tennis team is set to open league competition Saturday afternoon with ...

ACC unveils opponents for 20-game conference schedules for next three seasons. ...

Miami tops Clemson 65-64, as Johnson hits game-winner with 0.4 seconds remaining. ...

The Miami women's tennis team ascended two spots in this week's Oracle/ITA team rankings a ...