Nesting hawk attacks passing students

Residents of Mahoney/Pearson Residential Colleges are advised to steer clear of the area behind the Mahoney/Pearson dining hall. A Red-shouldered Hawk species is nesting behind the cafeteria and has already attacked three people, resulting in lacerations.

Because the bird is a protected species, they cannot be immediately removed. A security officer has been posted outside the area, and UM is working with the Miami Museum of Science to safely relocate the hawks.

Students may contact the UM Police Department, 305-284-6666, with any concerns.

Caribbean experts assessed the coronavirus’s impact on the region in a webinar on Nov. 19 hosted by the University of Miami Institute for Advanced Study of the Americas. ...

A project on race, housing, and displacement in Miami connects past patterns of discrimination to modern disparities. ...

United Black Students and the Black Student Athlete Alliance, in partnership with the University of Miami administration, mobilize to honor the lives lost due to police brutality. ...

As students and faculty and staff members prepare to wrap up the Fall 2020 semester, here’s a look at the availability of facilities and services during the break. ...

The University of Miami president called for increased cooperation, new powers for the World Health Organization, and transparency incentives as critical to manage and mitigate future health outbreaks. ...