how to handle being stuck in a love limbo

I recently learned that my ex-boyfriend-my first love-has a new girlfriend. I’m really surprised at how much this hurts. It kills me to think about him with someone else. We had a long talk the other day, and he said he thought he was dead to me-a fair assumption considering how I treated him over the past year. I just don’t know what I want. He says he still loves me and that nothing compares to when we were together. I think I agree with that. I just don’t know what I want. But when I think about him with another girl it just tears me apart. I need to let it go completely or make some sort of commitment, and I can’t do either. I can’t imagine never talking to him again but I also can’t imagine dating him right now. Why can’t I just let him go? Do I really want him or do I just not want him to be with someone else? Why is this so difficult?

~Dazed and Confused

Dear Reader,

Oh, the heartache and pain of love. It never ends, does it? Feel free to hate me for saying this, but sometimes it’s necessary to break out the clich

Father, mother, and daughter will all be students at the University of Miami this fall semester. ...

UM weather expert and senior research associate Brian McNoldy explains the science behind lightning ...

As students make their way back to campus for the new school year, here’s a refresher on some of the ...

President Julio Frenk and student leaders formally welcome first-year and transfer students to campu ...

Marc Gellman, a University of Miami research associate professor, recounts his experience attending ...

On the final night of its trip abroad, the Miami men's basketball team defeated LCC Internation ...

Miami's defensive tackles have traditionally been some of the Hurricanes' best players, wh ...

Sophomores Brevin Jordan and Will Mallory look to follow in the footsteps of the greats before them ...

Jarren Williams stepped into the spotlight for the first time Tuesday as Miami's starting quart ...

Former Miami soccer player Dalanda Ouendeno is attempting to become the first foreign female pit cre ...