Culture

Green isn’t always good

We’ve all been there before-you’re eating at a restaurant when suddenly the “healthy” angel appears on your shoulder and you opt for the salad instead of the enormous burger your tastebuds are craving. You scan the menu for a healthy salad, and before you know it, you’ve allowed temptation to lure you into a Cobb or Chef’s Salad or better yet, the Mexican Fiesta Cheesy Taco Seven-Layer Surprise Salad.

Feel better now? No? Feel healthier? No? Maybe it’s because you’ve just consumed the same (if not more) calories and fat than the not-so-healthy entr

With the acquisition of the new instrument and an accompanying nanoindenter, studies at the College of Engineering are entering a new and advanced era of materials characterization. ...

University of Miami researchers applaud the scientific inquiry and access to reliable data that accompanies the legalization of cannabis—as four more states recently approved measures, and federal legislation to decriminalize it continues to progress. ...

The prestigious Pan American Art Projects Gallery will donate 25 percent of a virtual, live event to the University Libraries’ parcel. ...

Members of the University of Miami community share their ideas on how to persevere during the pandemic. ...

University and celebrity musicians will participate in a benefit concert on Thanksgiving Day to support the nonprofit organization Nurse Heroes Foundation. ...