Weird News

Blood Donation centers for dogs

Lives of man’s best friend are being saved by the UK’s first blood bank for pets. Dogs can now also have the chance to give the gift of life to other dogs by becoming among the first donors in the new blood service. Pet Blood Bank UK (PBBuk), a charitable initiative supported by Vets Now, is the first service to collect, process, store and supply pet blood products. According to one of the volunteer workers, the blood bank has already saved the lives of at least 12 dogs in the Northeast. The initiative is proving vital for vets across the UK as blood transfusions are often essential for vets saving dogs’ lives during surgery or to treat major traumas and disease. The painless process takes about five minutes and about a pint of blood is taken on each visit. The dogs must weigh more than 25kg, be fit and healthy and be aged between two and eight years old.

Man dies in airplane bathroom

According to a federal lawsuit, an airline passenger died in the restroom during a flight and was found be the cleaning crew after the plane had already landed at Chicago O’Hare International Airport on April 13, 2005. The passenger, Taisuke Matsuo, 66, apparently had a heart attack on an American Airlines flight from Tokyo to Chicago, according to the lawsuit filed Monday by his wife, Carolyn D. Watts, who did not fly with her husband that day. The lawsuit accuses American Airlines of negligence and seeks damages of about $150,000.

Pro Football Focus unveiled where Power 5 programs rank in tackles for a loss or no gain against the ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

Braylen Ingraham’s final college visit before decision day took him just about as far from home as p ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

The Miami women's tennis team turned in a strong showing Saturday at the ITA Southeast Regional ...

On the first day of Main Draw action at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Presented by Oracle ...

The University of Miami soccer team closes out action in the Tar Heel state with a match against thi ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The Miami Hurricanes fell in their tri-meet with Georgia Tech and Notre Dame Saturday afternoon, dro ...