Weird News

Blood Donation centers for dogs

Lives of man’s best friend are being saved by the UK’s first blood bank for pets. Dogs can now also have the chance to give the gift of life to other dogs by becoming among the first donors in the new blood service. Pet Blood Bank UK (PBBuk), a charitable initiative supported by Vets Now, is the first service to collect, process, store and supply pet blood products. According to one of the volunteer workers, the blood bank has already saved the lives of at least 12 dogs in the Northeast. The initiative is proving vital for vets across the UK as blood transfusions are often essential for vets saving dogs’ lives during surgery or to treat major traumas and disease. The painless process takes about five minutes and about a pint of blood is taken on each visit. The dogs must weigh more than 25kg, be fit and healthy and be aged between two and eight years old.

Man dies in airplane bathroom

According to a federal lawsuit, an airline passenger died in the restroom during a flight and was found be the cleaning crew after the plane had already landed at Chicago O’Hare International Airport on April 13, 2005. The passenger, Taisuke Matsuo, 66, apparently had a heart attack on an American Airlines flight from Tokyo to Chicago, according to the lawsuit filed Monday by his wife, Carolyn D. Watts, who did not fly with her husband that day. The lawsuit accuses American Airlines of negligence and seeks damages of about $150,000.

It wasn’t long ago when the Miami Hurricanes’ Class of 2020 included the top three rising senior pro ...

Six new Hurricanes football players arrived on campus and began classes Monday, a group including a ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Championship schedule is set. The No. 4 seed Miami Hurricanes ...

The first regular season of Gino DiMare’s head-coaching era ended Saturday at Mark Light Field. But ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ hopes for hosting an NCAA regional were damaged a bit on Friday night by a 12- ...

Imagine simulating diabetes, lung cancer, or heart disease on a device no larger than a credit card. ...

Alabama’s new abortion law puts the issue of women’s rights in the spotlight for the upcoming 2020 e ...

The University of Miami is shaping the future of education by using innovative approaches that drive ...

Six short films created by University of Miami film students will be screened in Los Angeles this we ...

Researchers from 16 Latin American and Caribbean countries, hosted by the Institute for the Advanced ...

Four Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the Atlantic Coast Conference Monday for their ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team started her NCAA Singles Cha ...

The Barcelona, Spain, native caps his sophomore campaign with a team-high 21 singles wins. ...

The University of Miami track and field program garnered 20 entries in the 2019 NCAA East Preliminar ...

Miami's schedule features seven matches against teams that reached the NCAA Championship. ...