Weird News

Blood Donation centers for dogs

Lives of man’s best friend are being saved by the UK’s first blood bank for pets. Dogs can now also have the chance to give the gift of life to other dogs by becoming among the first donors in the new blood service. Pet Blood Bank UK (PBBuk), a charitable initiative supported by Vets Now, is the first service to collect, process, store and supply pet blood products. According to one of the volunteer workers, the blood bank has already saved the lives of at least 12 dogs in the Northeast. The initiative is proving vital for vets across the UK as blood transfusions are often essential for vets saving dogs’ lives during surgery or to treat major traumas and disease. The painless process takes about five minutes and about a pint of blood is taken on each visit. The dogs must weigh more than 25kg, be fit and healthy and be aged between two and eight years old.

Man dies in airplane bathroom

According to a federal lawsuit, an airline passenger died in the restroom during a flight and was found be the cleaning crew after the plane had already landed at Chicago O’Hare International Airport on April 13, 2005. The passenger, Taisuke Matsuo, 66, apparently had a heart attack on an American Airlines flight from Tokyo to Chicago, according to the lawsuit filed Monday by his wife, Carolyn D. Watts, who did not fly with her husband that day. The lawsuit accuses American Airlines of negligence and seeks damages of about $150,000.

Friday was strange for Gino DiMare. It wasn’t because his whole family went out to the mound at Alex ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

The first half of Wednesday night’s game was as lousy as the weather outside the Watsco Center, as t ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The University of Miami baseball team opened the Gino DiMare era with a record-setting victory over ...

The Canes open the 75th season in program history and first under the direction of head coach Gino D ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...

The University of Miami golf team heads to the Big Easy to open competition Sunday at the 2019 Allst ...