What’s going on?

TODAY (Apr 13)
Movies on the Green is showing “Best in Show,” a “dogumentary” about dogs and their owners as they compete at the Mayflower Kennel Club Dog Show. The movie begins at 8 p.m. on the University Green.

Frost School of Music is hosting a discussion on “Music and Neurologic Function: The Neural Dynamics of Rhythm, Time Perception and Sensorimotor Synchronization”. The lecture begins at 1 p.m. at the Lois Pope LIFE Center, 1095 NW 14th Terrace.

SATURDAY (Apr 14)
Join COISO to celebrate their 40th anniversary banquet. The event starts at 7 p.m. at the Westin Collonade and tickets will be sold in the Breezeway for $15.

SUNDAY (Apr 15)
An Auschwitz trial documentary, “Verdict on Auschwitz: The Frankfurt Auschwitz Trial 1963-1965” will be shown at 3 p.m. at Cosford Cinema.

MONDAY (Apr 16)
Come listen to the stories of rescue and renewal of two former child slaves from Nepal. The event will begin at 5 p.m. in Storer Auditorium.

The School of Law is hosting a panel discussion “House of Lies: Reforming Miami’s Public Housing”

Instead of in-person celebrations at Hard Rock Stadium, President Julio Frenk announced that the University of Miami will hold its four observances online because of updated COVID-19 data. ...

The newly chartered Peruvian Students Association seeks to expand its impact and influence beyond campus, supporting protests against education cutbacks in the South American country and connecting students across the United States to their Andean roots. ...

Leyna Stemle found that by attaching green LED lights to fishing nets in Ghana, the illumination was able to divert most of the reptiles from becoming entangled and hurt. ...

As the world observes the 32nd annual World AIDS Day, a University of Miami team is shining a bright light on a neighborhood initiative to curtail the epidemic. ...

With the acquisition of the new instrument and an accompanying nanoindenter, studies at the College of Engineering are entering a new and advanced era of materials characterization. ...