Incumbent Slesnick wins with 56.7 percent of votes

The City of Coral Gables decided to keep the status quo during the 2007 city elections on Tuesday.

Mayor Don Slesnick and City Commissioners Wayne “Chip” Withers and William H. Kerdyk Jr. all won their re-election. This was the first election, after serving three terms, Slesnick faced opposition.

Slesnick will be serving his first four-year term, as opposed to a two-year one, after voters changed the term length in 2005.

University of Miami’s Get Out The Vote group set up outside of the BankUnited Center, where 126 people came out to vote for mayor and 122 voted for city commission. Not all were necessarily UM students.

Is there an apt comparison for this year’s American League Championship series between the Boston Re ...

If the University of Miami defense isn’t boiling with frustration by now, it must be simmering in an ...

Miami Hurricanes redshirt senior Gerald Willis was the lone UM football player chosen for the Associ ...

A new batch of evidence presented Monday at the college basketball trial in New York seems to furthe ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt apparently is a fan of President Teddy Roosevelt’s — or at leas ...

A grant from the German government will support a series of roundtable and networking sessions on U. ...

As BioNIUM’s new director, the chair of the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology plans t ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that globalization and technolo ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

Dr. Ralph Sacco, a top neurologist and researcher at the University of Miami Miller School of Medici ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...