Incumbent Slesnick wins with 56.7 percent of votes

The City of Coral Gables decided to keep the status quo during the 2007 city elections on Tuesday.

Mayor Don Slesnick and City Commissioners Wayne “Chip” Withers and William H. Kerdyk Jr. all won their re-election. This was the first election, after serving three terms, Slesnick faced opposition.

Slesnick will be serving his first four-year term, as opposed to a two-year one, after voters changed the term length in 2005.

University of Miami’s Get Out The Vote group set up outside of the BankUnited Center, where 126 people came out to vote for mayor and 122 voted for city commission. Not all were necessarily UM students.

One of the reasons Manny Diaz overhauled his recruiting department when he took over as UM’s coach i ...

Connor McLaughlin never gave much thought to the Miami Hurricanes when he was younger. Even though h ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ 2020 recruiting class continues to grow. Three-star Deerfield Beach wide recei ...

Chaminade-Madonna in Hollywood has produced some distinguished alums, including ESPN (and Miami Hera ...

Columbus was a popular destination for coaches throughout the first full week of May this spring. On ...

Academics met at the University of Miami to plan the next phase of a study looking at how journalist ...

Former University of Miami student Elio M. Garcia, Jr. and his wife Linda Antonsson discuss their jo ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are using big data to identify affordable housing opportuniti ...

From office furniture to electronics to kitchen items, the University of Miami sells surplus propert ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are studying zebrafish to understand human genetics and ident ...

Six members of the Miami track and field team earned a spot at the 2019 NCAA Outdoor Championships i ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team secured her spot in the NCAA ...

It took extra innings, but the Canes dropped their final game of pool play at the 2019 ACC Baseball ...

The Student-Athlete Development department has grown in size and scope and become an integral part o ...

For the second-straight season, Kevin Arreaga of the Miami track and field team secured a spot at na ...