UM students contribute to new Herald videocasts

Daily video podcasts, or VIDcasts have become a new feature of The Miami Herald.

What the 5!, the name given to the VIDcast, provides a daily dose of stories South Florida is talking about and accessing online. Linked video, quizzes and forums will also be added.

J.R. Biersmith, a graduate student alumnus from the class of ’06, and Toni Gonzalez, a nighttime DJ on WHDR 93 Rock, host the VIDcasts.

Broadcast journalism students at the University of Miami have the opportunity to assist with the production of the daily VIDcasts, which are recorded at the School of Communication.

All segments of What the 5! are available free of charge and may be downloaded to iPods or other mp3 players.

To view segments of What the 5!, visit http://www.miami.com/static/media/whatthe5/index.html.

-Compiled by Megan Ondrizek

It wasn’t long ago when the Miami Hurricanes’ Class of 2020 included the top three rising senior pro ...

Six new Hurricanes football players arrived on campus and began classes Monday, a group including a ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Championship schedule is set. The No. 4 seed Miami Hurricanes ...

The first regular season of Gino DiMare’s head-coaching era ended Saturday at Mark Light Field. But ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ hopes for hosting an NCAA regional were damaged a bit on Friday night by a 12- ...

Imagine simulating diabetes, lung cancer, or heart disease on a device no larger than a credit card. ...

Alabama’s new abortion law puts the issue of women’s rights in the spotlight for the upcoming 2020 e ...

The University of Miami is shaping the future of education by using innovative approaches that drive ...

Six short films created by University of Miami film students will be screened in Los Angeles this we ...

Researchers from 16 Latin American and Caribbean countries, hosted by the Institute for the Advanced ...

Four Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the Atlantic Coast Conference Monday for their ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team started her NCAA Singles Cha ...

The Barcelona, Spain, native caps his sophomore campaign with a team-high 21 singles wins. ...

The University of Miami track and field program garnered 20 entries in the 2019 NCAA East Preliminar ...

Miami's schedule features seven matches against teams that reached the NCAA Championship. ...