UM students contribute to new Herald videocasts

Daily video podcasts, or VIDcasts have become a new feature of The Miami Herald.

What the 5!, the name given to the VIDcast, provides a daily dose of stories South Florida is talking about and accessing online. Linked video, quizzes and forums will also be added.

J.R. Biersmith, a graduate student alumnus from the class of ’06, and Toni Gonzalez, a nighttime DJ on WHDR 93 Rock, host the VIDcasts.

Broadcast journalism students at the University of Miami have the opportunity to assist with the production of the daily VIDcasts, which are recorded at the School of Communication.

All segments of What the 5! are available free of charge and may be downloaded to iPods or other mp3 players.

To view segments of What the 5!, visit http://www.miami.com/static/media/whatthe5/index.html.

-Compiled by Megan Ondrizek

Pro Football Focus unveiled where Power 5 programs rank in tackles for a loss or no gain against the ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

Braylen Ingraham’s final college visit before decision day took him just about as far from home as p ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team impressed in its quad-meet Friday af ...

Junior averaged 11.4 points and 6.7 rebounds per game last season. ...

University of Miami head coach Gino DiMare released the Hurricanes' 2019 baseball schedule Thur ...

A duo of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes advanced through to the Round of 16 ...

Senior Dew Weber of the University of Miami golf team continued to march towards her professional go ...