A satisfying CD from top to bottom

Ever wondered what you’d get if you were to cross James Blunt with a touch of R&B and soul? The result might just be British singer/songwriter James Morrison.

Morrison has made quite a name for himself in the UK, having snatched three BRIT Award nominations for his debut album, “Undiscovered.” His single “Wonderful World” graced Top 10 lists across Europe.

Morrison’s style can cater to many different music preferences. He is certainly appreciated by swooning teenage girls, but his easy-listening tunes could be enjoyed by just about anyone. His soulful voice paired with “poppy” instrumentals make for a James Blunt and Gavin DeGraw-like sound with a little extra flair and funk.

“Undiscovered” is one of those CDs you can pop into your car stereo and listen to all the way through and be completely satisfied. Two of his singles released from the album have already been highly celebrated in Europe, but I wouldn’t be surprised if two or three more songs from the album became chart-toppers as well.

Although his debut album is titled “Undiscovered,” James Morrison won’t stay that way for long. It’s only a matter of time before Morrison makes his way across the Atlantic to the United States- move over James Blunt!

Kendall Sale can be contacted at k.sale@umiami.edu.

It could be a fruitful year for the Miami Hurricanes in the 2019 NFL Draft. NFL Draft analyst Mel Ki ...

A quick six-pack off UM coach Manny Diaz’s conversation with Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey Jr. on WQAM’ ...

UM was very fortunate that junior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Mike Pinckney and Zach McCloud a ...

Hard Rock Stadium will be filled with Miami fans — and probably only Miami fans — when the two colle ...

They made school history on Sunday with a nationally-televised road upset of No. 2 Louisville, and o ...

UM public health experts try to help tackle Venezuela’s ongoing health care crisis. ...

The Ring Theatre’s contemporary reworking of Molière’s “The Misanthrope” showcases the skills of UM’ ...

Miami Law’s Frances Hill answers key questions about the National Emergencies Act. ...

Researcher Rebecca Bulotsky Shearer is leading a study aimed at increasing the number of kids who ar ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

The Hurricanes will wrap up a four-game homestand with a midweek game against FAU on Wednesday at 6 ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team is set to cap its longest road stretch of the season T ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami golf team closed out the 2019 Allstate Sugar Bowl Intercollegi ...

The University of Miami swimming & diving team begins its run at the 2019 ACC Swimming & Div ...

For the second week in a row, the Miami women's basketball team made the largest leap of any sc ...