A satisfying CD from top to bottom

Ever wondered what you’d get if you were to cross James Blunt with a touch of R&B and soul? The result might just be British singer/songwriter James Morrison.

Morrison has made quite a name for himself in the UK, having snatched three BRIT Award nominations for his debut album, “Undiscovered.” His single “Wonderful World” graced Top 10 lists across Europe.

Morrison’s style can cater to many different music preferences. He is certainly appreciated by swooning teenage girls, but his easy-listening tunes could be enjoyed by just about anyone. His soulful voice paired with “poppy” instrumentals make for a James Blunt and Gavin DeGraw-like sound with a little extra flair and funk.

“Undiscovered” is one of those CDs you can pop into your car stereo and listen to all the way through and be completely satisfied. Two of his singles released from the album have already been highly celebrated in Europe, but I wouldn’t be surprised if two or three more songs from the album became chart-toppers as well.

Although his debut album is titled “Undiscovered,” James Morrison won’t stay that way for long. It’s only a matter of time before Morrison makes his way across the Atlantic to the United States- move over James Blunt!

Kendall Sale can be contacted at k.sale@umiami.edu.

Romello Height already had a top five publicly revealed when the Miami Hurricanes finally stepped in ...

Mark Pope knows his freshman year with the Miami Hurricanes didn’t play out the way it was supposed ...

Fredrick Eaford was quick to make it clear the Miami Hurricanes were his dream team to commit to. Af ...

Linebacker might be the most important position for the Miami Hurricanes to recruit in the Class of ...

Issiah Walker Jr. won’t be at Paradise Camp on Saturday. Instead of attending the Miami Hurricanes’ ...

Some scientists fear that the new fifth generation of wireless networks interferes with critical sat ...

A new study led by Miller School professor Dr. Claes Wahlestedt observes that key molecular programs ...

Evo Morales, first elected president of Bolivia in 2005, and could win an unprecedented fourth term ...

The University of Miami Black Alumni Society is hosting a number of Juneteenth events around the cou ...

The University of Miami Rosenstiel School’s Rescue a Reef program teams up with the NFL and others t ...

Jackie Lippincott, Autumn Kramer and Meredith Costello were among the 61 student-athletes named to t ...

Renate Grimstad and Kristyna Frydlova of the University of Miami women's golf team were selecte ...

The Miami women's basketball team will face Indiana at the Watsco Center in the 2019 Big Ten/AC ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...