A satisfying CD from top to bottom

Ever wondered what you’d get if you were to cross James Blunt with a touch of R&B and soul? The result might just be British singer/songwriter James Morrison.

Morrison has made quite a name for himself in the UK, having snatched three BRIT Award nominations for his debut album, “Undiscovered.” His single “Wonderful World” graced Top 10 lists across Europe.

Morrison’s style can cater to many different music preferences. He is certainly appreciated by swooning teenage girls, but his easy-listening tunes could be enjoyed by just about anyone. His soulful voice paired with “poppy” instrumentals make for a James Blunt and Gavin DeGraw-like sound with a little extra flair and funk.

“Undiscovered” is one of those CDs you can pop into your car stereo and listen to all the way through and be completely satisfied. Two of his singles released from the album have already been highly celebrated in Europe, but I wouldn’t be surprised if two or three more songs from the album became chart-toppers as well.

Although his debut album is titled “Undiscovered,” James Morrison won’t stay that way for long. It’s only a matter of time before Morrison makes his way across the Atlantic to the United States- move over James Blunt!

Kendall Sale can be contacted at k.sale@umiami.edu.

Freshman quarterback Jarren Williams, who returned to practice Wednesday after missing most of Tuesd ...

Corey Gaynor is working hard to solidify his spot as backup center to UM senior standout Tyler Gauth ...

Former University of Miami football and NFL star player Jonathan Vilma made a splash in South Florid ...

University of Miami tailback/fullback Trayone Gray, a popular fifth-year senior out of Miami Carol C ...

When Mother’s Day came around back in May, Keontra Smith knew it was time to unveil his college comm ...

Conquer common back to school challenges with an expert's guide for parents and children. ...

Unique camp supports children whose parents have cancer. ...

New study shows that discriminating against workers with tattoos puts hiring managers at a competiti ...

Bill Clinton convenes the second summit of his CGI Action Network on Post-Disaster Recovery at UM. ...

A UM researcher has determined that children exposed to traumatic events exhibit pains that if left ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews revealed Thursday the team's schedule ...

The Canes defense is full of big names like Shaq Quarterman and Jaquan Johnson, but these players ha ...

Quick Hits gives University of Miami volleyball fans an inside scoop on the latest additions to the ...

Head coach Mark Richt, all 10 assistant coaches and more than 50 players met with the media at the N ...

The Miami Hurricanes were under the lights at Hard Rock Stadium Saturday, closing out the opening we ...