Editorial: R.I.P. LEO’S DELANCEY ST. DELI

Never fully appreciated by the mass-public, always fully satisfying for its many loyal patrons, Leo’s Delancey Street Deli makes a mean sandwich. No questions asked.

The administration has decided to get rid of this food Court gem by next Fall (see News p. 3), and though the plans to replace it seem like a welcome addition as well (a Mediterranean joint), Leo’s will be missed.

Subway may be the only multi-billion dollar sandwich chain on campus, but despite its slogan, when it came to true fresh ingredients, they don’t hold a candle to Leo’s. Ditto when it came to thick and succulent breads, mayos and spreads that aren’t squirted out of bottles, and a rolling-toaster that that is on par with the always-awesome Quizno’s.

For these reasons and many more, The Hurricane editorial board is a frequent customer at Leo’s. Some staff favorites are the Turkey Cheddar Melt, the Club, the Chicken Ceasar Wrap and, of course, the delicious pickle slices.

If you havn’t yet tried a Leo’s Delancey St. Deli sandwich or wrap, or have years ago and didn’t find it spectacular enough for a re-visit, do yourself a favor and make a point to visit, before it’s too late.

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

A six-pack of UM notes on a Monday: ▪ There has been no more popular or successful quarterback at UM ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ defense leads the nation in tackles for loss and stopping opponents on third d ...

New technology could help schools identify shooters and other intruders before they enter the door. ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...

The Miami Hurricanes came to Toledo, Ohio for the biggest home game in the history of Toledo footbal ...

A quartet of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes concluded the final day of compe ...