Weird News: Bra thief caught, jailed

Bra Thief Caught, Jailed

A Pullman, Washington, man was charged with theft and burglary after police said they found 93 pounds of women’s panties, brassieres and other underwear at his home. Investigators believe the 24-year-old took as many as 1,500 undergarments from apartment complex laundry rooms before he was caught, police Cmdr. Chris Tennant said. The man has been jailed on 12 counts of second-degree burglary and one of first-degree theft. Police had previously received 12 reports of underwear thefts in the northeast part of town, where Washington State University is located.

Modern Day Lassie

A two-year-old golden retriever named Toby saw his owner choking on a piece of fruit and immediately ran on top of her and began jumping up and down on the woman’s chest. Debbie Parkhurt, 45, of Calvert, Maryland says she believes that the dog was trying to perform the Heimlich maneuver and subsequently saved her life. Parkhurt was eating an apple at home when a piece got lodged in her throat. She tried to perform the Heimlich maneuver on herself and after that didn’t work she began beating on her chest; this is when she thinks Toby noticed and got involved. When the apple was dislodged, Toby started licking her face to keep her from passing out, she said.

Trampled by Money-Getters

A Kentucky woman is claiming that she was injured last year at a rap concert at Tennessee State University and is now suing the school, the rapper Lil’ Wayne and a Memphis man for $150,000. Candice Smith, of Lexington, is claiming that she was knocked down by a surge of fans almost as soon as Lil’ Wayne hit the stage at Gentry Center. The fans were believed to be running after money which rapper Lil’ Wayne had thrown into the crowd at the show. Smith suffered a broken collarbone and other injuries that have caused her to miss substantial amounts of work and school. She blames the rapper for inciting the crowd, claiming that he should know his actions would cause a rush of fans. Neither TSU or Lil’ Wayne have commented further on this case.

*Compiled by Martamaria Gomez