Senate bill seeks more student involvement in decision-making

The Student Government Senate voted to pass an amendment to an administration committee policy that the senators hope will strengthen the relationship between the SG and UM’s administration.

The bill points out three instances where UM’s administration did not involve SG in the decision-making process: deferment of Greek freshman recruitment (which affects the National Panhellenic Council and the Interfraternity Council), an attempt to cancel the Halloween Ibis Shuttle Ride and the formation of a committee to revise the Students Rights and Responsibilities Handbook.

The resolution calls for the appointment of at least one SG representative to “all present and future ad hoc committees and task forces that affect the student body to ensure that the student voice is represented in all matters pertaining to it.”

The bill passed 31-4 and is awaiting the signature of SG President Annette Ponnock and Patricia Whitely, vice president for Student Affairs.

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

Ten takeaways from UM’s 31-17 win against FIU on Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium: ▪ Credit Mark Richt ...

As the Miami Hurricanes started their third series against the FIU Panthers on Saturday afternoon, t ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team is headed to the championship of one th ...

The Miami women's tennis team posted a 5-2 mark in official matches on the second day of the Mi ...

Freshman Riley Howard continued her incredible start as a Canes cross country runner setting another ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to host Virginia Tech Sunday at noon at Cobb Stadium. ...