Senate bill seeks more student involvement in decision-making

The Student Government Senate voted to pass an amendment to an administration committee policy that the senators hope will strengthen the relationship between the SG and UM’s administration.

The bill points out three instances where UM’s administration did not involve SG in the decision-making process: deferment of Greek freshman recruitment (which affects the National Panhellenic Council and the Interfraternity Council), an attempt to cancel the Halloween Ibis Shuttle Ride and the formation of a committee to revise the Students Rights and Responsibilities Handbook.

The resolution calls for the appointment of at least one SG representative to “all present and future ad hoc committees and task forces that affect the student body to ensure that the student voice is represented in all matters pertaining to it.”

The bill passed 31-4 and is awaiting the signature of SG President Annette Ponnock and Patricia Whitely, vice president for Student Affairs.

A day after naming Ephraim Banda and Jonathan Patke co-defensive coordinators, the Miami Hurricanes ...

It doesn’t matter if the number is actually 21 or it’s just what Jeremiah Payton estimates now. Twen ...

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

Mark Barnes likes to call Zion Nelson a “throwback” player, but the coach really means Nelson is sor ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...