What’s going on?

TODAY (Mar 27)
Join members of the Miami-Dade Human Services Coalition to learn about local and global poverty issues at this year’s Hunger Banquet. The dinner will be held at 7 p.m. in UC Ballrooms C and D, and tickets can be bought in the Breezeway or at the door for $5.

Students interested in learning about alternative options after graduation such as traveling Europe or volunteering for a senator may go to an info session at 5 p.m. in the Toppel Career Center Library.

WEDNESDAY (Mar 28)
Find out what Student Government has been doing for UM at the State of the University address given by Student Government President Annette Ponnock. The event will take place at 4 p.m. in the UC Lower Lounge.

The Women’s and Gender Studies Department will host a “Gender Revolution in Science” lecture in honor of Women’s History Month. The lecture will feature author Londa Schiebinger, and will take place at 3:30 p.m. at the Miller Center Auditorium.

THURSDAY (Mar 29)
The Filipino Student Association is hosting an Island Styles Cultural Showcase where students can come watch people dance with candles on their forehead and jump through sticks. The event will begin at 7:30 p.m. at Gusman Concert Hall, and food will be sold starting at 6:30 p.m. Tickets can be bought in the Breezeway for $5, or at the door for $7.

Patio Jams presents The Heavy Pets from 12 to 1:30 p.m. at the UC Patio.

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

As bleak as it seems now for the University of Miami, the Canes can still take a repeat trip to Char ...

A half dozen takeaways from UM’s demoralizing 16-13 loss at Virginia on Saturday: ▪ As was the case ...

So, who’s the quarterback now? The No. 16 Miami Hurricanes came to Charlottesville on Saturday with ...

More than 600 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service ...

Home Truth, the story of Jessica Lenahan’s pursuit of more effective domestic violence laws, screene ...

Members of the UM community who want to donate to relief efforts for those impacted by Hurricanes Mi ...

The University of Miami’s Model UN is working to expand its membership and reputation with its first ...

During a keynote address at a conference in Los Angeles, entrepreneurial heavyweight Magic Leap anno ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...

The Canes have won five straight games and are 2-0 in the ACC, but they know they have a tough road ...