Sports Briefs

Men’s Basketball: ‘Canes fall in ACC Tournament

After putting together a great performance to upset the ACC’s then-hottest team in Maryland, the Miami Hurricanes men’s basketball team fell in the second round of the ACC Tournament to the Boston College Golden Eagles.

The No. 12-seeded Hurricanes led from the midway point of the first half and held on to the lead until 32 seconds where left in regulation, when a three-point shot by Tyrese Rice tied the game at 64.

The first three minutes of the extra period saw the Eagles play catch up, and the ‘Canes lost the game 74-71.

Football: Hurricanes get new uniforms

Head Coach Randy Shannon recently announced that the Miami Hurricanes’ football team will have new uniforms next season. The uniforms, which will be unveiled next season, will remain mostly the same but include a few minor changes.

The new uniforms will be made of a more durable, lightweight stretch material, and they will have moisture management capabilities, allowing sweat and rain to evaporate faster.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

The University of Miami student publications were recognized with multiple awards by the Society for

Hoping to ease hurdles for students to apply to master’s and doctoral programs, a new policy will re

Immunologist Natasa Strbo and her team are using their work on vaccines for HIV, malaria, and Zika t

Xavier Cortada leads the Miami Corona Project, an art program presented as part of the University of

University of Miami Libraries has launched Documenting COVID-19: South Florida’s Pandemic Experience