Sports Briefs

Men’s Basketball: ‘Canes fall in ACC Tournament

After putting together a great performance to upset the ACC’s then-hottest team in Maryland, the Miami Hurricanes men’s basketball team fell in the second round of the ACC Tournament to the Boston College Golden Eagles.

The No. 12-seeded Hurricanes led from the midway point of the first half and held on to the lead until 32 seconds where left in regulation, when a three-point shot by Tyrese Rice tied the game at 64.

The first three minutes of the extra period saw the Eagles play catch up, and the ‘Canes lost the game 74-71.

Football: Hurricanes get new uniforms

Head Coach Randy Shannon recently announced that the Miami Hurricanes’ football team will have new uniforms next season. The uniforms, which will be unveiled next season, will remain mostly the same but include a few minor changes.

The new uniforms will be made of a more durable, lightweight stretch material, and they will have moisture management capabilities, allowing sweat and rain to evaporate faster.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

With remarks by entrepreneur and alumnus Rony Abovitz, a recent event at the Kislak Center showcased ...

A UM student retention task force is working to ensure that all first-year students feel at home. ...

A new School of Nursing and Health Studies’ initiative delivers critical health care for Miami’s hom ...

As part of the Leadership UMiami program, students heard from community leaders who spend their care ...

Miller School of Medicine doctors are providing assistance on Great Abaco Island, where survivors of ...

RSS Error: A feed could not be found at http://www.hurricanesports.com/rss.aspx. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed.