Sports Briefs

Men’s Basketball: ‘Canes fall in ACC Tournament

After putting together a great performance to upset the ACC’s then-hottest team in Maryland, the Miami Hurricanes men’s basketball team fell in the second round of the ACC Tournament to the Boston College Golden Eagles.

The No. 12-seeded Hurricanes led from the midway point of the first half and held on to the lead until 32 seconds where left in regulation, when a three-point shot by Tyrese Rice tied the game at 64.

The first three minutes of the extra period saw the Eagles play catch up, and the ‘Canes lost the game 74-71.

Football: Hurricanes get new uniforms

Head Coach Randy Shannon recently announced that the Miami Hurricanes’ football team will have new uniforms next season. The uniforms, which will be unveiled next season, will remain mostly the same but include a few minor changes.

The new uniforms will be made of a more durable, lightweight stretch material, and they will have moisture management capabilities, allowing sweat and rain to evaporate faster.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Boston College star Ky Bowman came down with a 102-degree fever on Saturday night. Jordan Chatman an ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Sunday: ▪ New UM defensive coordinator Blake Baker has asked UM ...

Emese Hof and No. 20 Miami think they can play with anyone, and it shows. Hof scored 18 of her 25 po ...

New University of Miami baseball head coach Gino DiMare wanted to start strong. He got perfection. T ...

Former University of Miami star running back Mark Walton was arrested late Friday on a charge of mis ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team stormed back from a 14-point deficit to pick up the bi ...

Brian Van Belle struck out five over six shutout innings to help the Canes sweep Rutgers on opening ...

The Hurricanes dropped a tight contest with the Eagles in Chestnut Hill, 64-57. ...

The sophomore first baseman slugged his second homer of the weekend to lead the Canes to a series wi ...

Junior Renate Grimstad led the way for Miami and is tied for 18th at one-over-par, while sophomore K ...