Sports Briefs

Men’s Basketball: ‘Canes fall in ACC Tournament

After putting together a great performance to upset the ACC’s then-hottest team in Maryland, the Miami Hurricanes men’s basketball team fell in the second round of the ACC Tournament to the Boston College Golden Eagles.

The No. 12-seeded Hurricanes led from the midway point of the first half and held on to the lead until 32 seconds where left in regulation, when a three-point shot by Tyrese Rice tied the game at 64.

The first three minutes of the extra period saw the Eagles play catch up, and the ‘Canes lost the game 74-71.

Football: Hurricanes get new uniforms

Head Coach Randy Shannon recently announced that the Miami Hurricanes’ football team will have new uniforms next season. The uniforms, which will be unveiled next season, will remain mostly the same but include a few minor changes.

The new uniforms will be made of a more durable, lightweight stretch material, and they will have moisture management capabilities, allowing sweat and rain to evaporate faster.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Father, mother, and daughter will all be students at the University of Miami this fall semester. ...

UM weather expert and senior research associate Brian McNoldy explains the science behind lightning ...

As students make their way back to campus for the new school year, here’s a refresher on some of the ...

President Julio Frenk and student leaders formally welcome first-year and transfer students to campu ...

Marc Gellman, a University of Miami research associate professor, recounts his experience attending ...

On the final night of its trip abroad, the Miami men's basketball team defeated LCC Internation ...

Miami's defensive tackles have traditionally been some of the Hurricanes' best players, wh ...

Sophomores Brevin Jordan and Will Mallory look to follow in the footsteps of the greats before them ...

Jarren Williams stepped into the spotlight for the first time Tuesday as Miami's starting quart ...

Former Miami soccer player Dalanda Ouendeno is attempting to become the first foreign female pit cre ...