Sophomore album will please old fans

The Arcade Fire has finally released their much anticipated sophomore effort, “Neon Bible.” The album captures the same eccentric sound as their first album, “Funeral,” only now adding new instruments and a different type of intensity.

After their highly praised debut, the Canadian indie rock band hit the road and amazed fans with their highly charged live performances. The buzz created by the band even landed them on the cover of “TIME Magazine” earning them the title of “Canada’s Most Intriguing Rock Band.”

In “Neon Bible,” lead singer Win Butler once again reached into his lyric scrapbook to create some simple yet enthralling songs. The album’s single, “Black Mirror,” is a dark and entrancing track whose melody and opening lines will resonate through eardrums, “I walked down to the ocean/After waking from a nightmare.”

The unsurpassed track on the album is “No Cars Go,” a fused anthem created by the bands founding members, Butler and his multi-instrumentalist back-up vocal singer wife R

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team will begin her fall campaign Thursday a ...

Through three games, Miami is No. 1 in the country in tackles for loss and the entire Hurricanes def ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to return to Cobb Stadium, where it will host No. 12 Duke ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...