Sports Briefs

Swimming and Diving: Three divers get into the win column

The University of Miami diving program experienced a great deal of success at the Zone B Diving Championships.

On the first day of competition, junior diver Jenna Dreyer qualified for the NCAA Championships in the three-meter platform after putting together third place finish. Senior diver Heather Bounds also earned a spot at the NCAA Championships for the three-meter platform, as she finished fourth in the event.

Freshman diver Ruben Ross also made a splash, as his second place finish in the men’s one-meter finals allowed him to qualify for the NCAA Championships.

On the second day, Dreyer once again qualified for the NCAA Championships, but this time it was because of her second place finish on the one-meter springboard.

On the third day, freshman Brittany Viola’s first place finish and Bound’s third place finish in the women’s 10-meter platform allowed both to qualify for the NCAA Championships in the event. On the men’s side, Ross’s second place finish in the 10-meter platform also allowed him to qualify for the NCAA Championships in the event.

Men’s Basketball: McClinton rewarded for great play

Sophomore guard Jack McClinton was named to the All-Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) Third Team by the Atlantic Coast Sports Media Association.

McClinton led the ACC in three-pointers made, three-point percentage and free throw percentage, and he ranked ninth in the ACC with 16.8 points per game.

McClinton will look to take his play, which earned him this honor, into Thursday’s ACC Tournament match-up, where the No. 12 seeded Hurricanes (11-19, 4-12 ACC) will face off against the No. 5 seeded Maryland Terrapins (24-7, 10-6 ACC).

UM alumna Shirley Hoffman Kilkelly was one of the few women engineers who worked on the Apollo 11 mo ...

College of Engineering alumnus Frank DeMattia was just 21 years old when he went to work at NASA on ...

Registered dietitian Stephanie Sanchez shares realistic, healthy ways to get you on track and headed ...

The overnight pre-orientation program – now in its 30th year – welcomes newly admitted first-year co ...

Apollo 11 astronaut’s moonwalk, which took place 50 years ago Saturday, is remembered by members of ...

Redshirt senior wide receiver K.J. Osborn was among six ACC players named to The Biletnikoff Award W ...

Dane Dunlap, William Grattan-Smith and Franco Aubone were each selected as All-Academic Scholar Athl ...

Two Miami Hurricanes were among those players selected to the preseason watch list for the 25th annu ...

The ITA released Thursday its academic accolades for the 2018-19 season and the University of Miami ...

ESPN Events announced Thursday afternoon the bracket for the 2019 Charleston Classic, set to take pl ...