Sports Briefs

Swimming and Diving: Three divers get into the win column

The University of Miami diving program experienced a great deal of success at the Zone B Diving Championships.

On the first day of competition, junior diver Jenna Dreyer qualified for the NCAA Championships in the three-meter platform after putting together third place finish. Senior diver Heather Bounds also earned a spot at the NCAA Championships for the three-meter platform, as she finished fourth in the event.

Freshman diver Ruben Ross also made a splash, as his second place finish in the men’s one-meter finals allowed him to qualify for the NCAA Championships.

On the second day, Dreyer once again qualified for the NCAA Championships, but this time it was because of her second place finish on the one-meter springboard.

On the third day, freshman Brittany Viola’s first place finish and Bound’s third place finish in the women’s 10-meter platform allowed both to qualify for the NCAA Championships in the event. On the men’s side, Ross’s second place finish in the 10-meter platform also allowed him to qualify for the NCAA Championships in the event.

Men’s Basketball: McClinton rewarded for great play

Sophomore guard Jack McClinton was named to the All-Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) Third Team by the Atlantic Coast Sports Media Association.

McClinton led the ACC in three-pointers made, three-point percentage and free throw percentage, and he ranked ninth in the ACC with 16.8 points per game.

McClinton will look to take his play, which earned him this honor, into Thursday’s ACC Tournament match-up, where the No. 12 seeded Hurricanes (11-19, 4-12 ACC) will face off against the No. 5 seeded Maryland Terrapins (24-7, 10-6 ACC).

The Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Championship schedule is set. The No. 4 seed Miami Hurricanes ...

The first regular season of Gino DiMare’s head-coaching era ended Saturday at Mark Light Field. But ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ hopes for hosting an NCAA regional were damaged a bit on Friday night by a 12- ...

It took a long time for Dewan Hernandez to reach a point of acceptance for what happened to his juni ...

The life of a fullback isn’t always glamorous, even 15 years ago before the position was essentially ...

The University of Miami is shaping the future of education by using innovative approaches that drive ...

Six short films created by University of Miami film students will be screened in Los Angeles this we ...

Researchers from 16 Latin American and Caribbean countries, hosted by the Institute for the Advanced ...

Two University of Miami a cappella groups, Tufaan and BisCaydence, celebrated big wins in different ...

After Alabama’s governor signed into law the most-stringent anti-abortion bill in the nation, UM exp ...

Chris McMahon struck out six over five shutout innings to earn his first win since April 6. ...

Miami's Second Varsity Four earned a bronze medal at the 2019 ACC Rowing Championships Saturday ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team is the ITA Southeast Region Arthur Ashe ...

100 days until Miami – Florida LVI. The countdown is on. ...

The ACC Network is set to launch August 22. If your television provider hasn't yet decided to c ...