Sports Briefs

Swimming and Diving: Three divers get into the win column

The University of Miami diving program experienced a great deal of success at the Zone B Diving Championships.

On the first day of competition, junior diver Jenna Dreyer qualified for the NCAA Championships in the three-meter platform after putting together third place finish. Senior diver Heather Bounds also earned a spot at the NCAA Championships for the three-meter platform, as she finished fourth in the event.

Freshman diver Ruben Ross also made a splash, as his second place finish in the men’s one-meter finals allowed him to qualify for the NCAA Championships.

On the second day, Dreyer once again qualified for the NCAA Championships, but this time it was because of her second place finish on the one-meter springboard.

On the third day, freshman Brittany Viola’s first place finish and Bound’s third place finish in the women’s 10-meter platform allowed both to qualify for the NCAA Championships in the event. On the men’s side, Ross’s second place finish in the 10-meter platform also allowed him to qualify for the NCAA Championships in the event.

Men’s Basketball: McClinton rewarded for great play

Sophomore guard Jack McClinton was named to the All-Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) Third Team by the Atlantic Coast Sports Media Association.

McClinton led the ACC in three-pointers made, three-point percentage and free throw percentage, and he ranked ninth in the ACC with 16.8 points per game.

McClinton will look to take his play, which earned him this honor, into Thursday’s ACC Tournament match-up, where the No. 12 seeded Hurricanes (11-19, 4-12 ACC) will face off against the No. 5 seeded Maryland Terrapins (24-7, 10-6 ACC).

Frost School of Music’s faculty and staff members and students utilize their talents to help unify t

Rudy Fernandez, senior vice president for public affairs and communications at the University of Mia

Hope is an elusive concept, but it is a crucial feeling to hold on to at a time of crisis. During th

Members of the Muslim Students of the University of Miami celebrate the holy month while adhering to

A University of Miami faculty member offers tips on how to preserve healthy work-life practices as w