Sports Briefs

Swimming and Diving: Three divers get into the win column

The University of Miami diving program experienced a great deal of success at the Zone B Diving Championships.

On the first day of competition, junior diver Jenna Dreyer qualified for the NCAA Championships in the three-meter platform after putting together third place finish. Senior diver Heather Bounds also earned a spot at the NCAA Championships for the three-meter platform, as she finished fourth in the event.

Freshman diver Ruben Ross also made a splash, as his second place finish in the men’s one-meter finals allowed him to qualify for the NCAA Championships.

On the second day, Dreyer once again qualified for the NCAA Championships, but this time it was because of her second place finish on the one-meter springboard.

On the third day, freshman Brittany Viola’s first place finish and Bound’s third place finish in the women’s 10-meter platform allowed both to qualify for the NCAA Championships in the event. On the men’s side, Ross’s second place finish in the 10-meter platform also allowed him to qualify for the NCAA Championships in the event.

Men’s Basketball: McClinton rewarded for great play

Sophomore guard Jack McClinton was named to the All-Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) Third Team by the Atlantic Coast Sports Media Association.

McClinton led the ACC in three-pointers made, three-point percentage and free throw percentage, and he ranked ninth in the ACC with 16.8 points per game.

McClinton will look to take his play, which earned him this honor, into Thursday’s ACC Tournament match-up, where the No. 12 seeded Hurricanes (11-19, 4-12 ACC) will face off against the No. 5 seeded Maryland Terrapins (24-7, 10-6 ACC).

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

Mark Barnes likes to call Zion Nelson a “throwback” player, but the coach really means Nelson is sor ...

The land of palm trees, beaches and mojitos gave way to the land of the Liberty Bell, cheesesteaks a ...

The University of Miami on Thursday launched a national search as it begins the difficult task of re ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...