Students react to Clinton’s appearance

“I think Mr. Clinton had a lot of positive things to say about moving forward and some ways to help us move together as one.”
Hunter Parmentier, sophomore

“I thought it was really good, he handled himself well. I don’t think he was as good a speaker as Gore was yesterday but I think Gore just had a better issue to talk about really which is that we need to stop global warming. But with everything that Clinton said he really got the crowd going. I was hoping he would tell more stories about himself in the White House and rip on Bush a little more but I definitely enjoyed it.”
Zachary Prusosf, freshman

“I thought it was really informative and interesting. I liked that he focused on issues that haven’t necessarily gotten a lot of spotlight in the media such as healthcare versus focusing on the war in Iraq , I liked that he kept mentioning the environment since we just saw Al Gore’s speech yesterday, it was really relevant. I thought it was interesting how he also was able to include Hillary Clinton in his speech, just a little plug there, a little political. I thought overall he was very emotional and very effective for the message he was trying to get across.”
Elana Schechtman, freshman

“I thought he did a great job, especially addressing so many people. I mean I’ve seen him on TV ever since I was little and it was really cool to see him in person. I think it was great that everybody had this opportunity to see him.”
Christa Muller, sophomore

“It was quite the show, having Clinton and Gore here two days in a row is just amazing. The student questions were good, they were actually important questions that had stuff to do with policy unlike the questions for Chief Justice Roberts where they asked him how his football career was and what he had on his iPod.”
Paul Burkart, sophomore

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ secondary continues to get stronger. Miami, which already holds a pair of comm ...

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

A fabulous team of staff and volunteers labors long and hard, primed with school spirit, behind the ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

The global exploration, media, and education company will kick off a national campaign at UM to offe ...

University of Miami head coach Gino DiMare released the Hurricanes' 2019 baseball schedule Thur ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will take part in the ITA Southeast Regional Champion ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team returns to competition this weekend, ...

The University of Miami volleyball team is set to host Clemson and Georgia Tech in the first of four ...

Four members of the Miami women's tennis team will take part in the ITA Southeast Regional Cham ...