Reno 911! does Miami right

Mix equal parts sex, high-speed car chases, tight law enforcement uniforms, partying and Miami, and prepare to devour the big screen deliciousness of “Reno 911!: Miami.” That’s right-the cast members of the hit Comedy Central pseudo-reality TV show about the naughtiest, most indecent and hilarious sheriff’s officers have made a movie. And thankfully so.

The show’s first-and hopefully not last-foray into film kicks off with an announcement from Lieutenant Jim Dangle (Thomas Lennon). It turns out there’s a law enforcement convention in Miami that these popo are determined to attend for all the wrong reasons. There’s only one problem, though: the wild bunch makes a cross country trip from Reno, Nev. to Miami, only to be told they haven’t properly registered and thus cannot participate.

Their ensuing stay at a Miami Beach motel turns into a free for all of vice, meaning the officers party harder than the bravest of ‘Canes and end up in some disturbingly comical sex scenes you can’t find on cable.

But time quickly runs out for hangovers and pity sex when a terrorist attack on the convention puts Lt. Dangle and gang in charge of maintaining law and order in Miami.

The officers find themselves struggling to control clich

Three of four University of Miami scholarship quarterbacks were suspended at various times this seas ...

While the University of Miami offense has struggled mightily this season, its defense has been stell ...

The Pittsburgh Panthers boast one of the best rushing offenses in the country. On Saturday, the Miam ...

After watching several juniors turn pro and then go late in the draft or not at all in recent years, ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Monday: ▪ If you ever wondered what the Hurricanes would look like if ...

Erin Kobetz, director of Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center’s Firefighter Cancer Initiative, disc ...

Kristiana Yao, who graduated summa cum laude in May, said she was “still in shock” after finding out ...

UM Libraries is presenting an extraordinary exhibit that immerses the audience in an emotional journ ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

The Miami women's basketball team jumped two spots to No. 22 nationally in the first in-season ...

The Canes got back to their winning ways with an impressive 38-14 victory at Virginia Tech. ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team dropped a 75-52 decision Sunday at Iowa State in the P ...

20-point performances from Chris Lykes and DJ Vasiljevic led Miami past Bethune-Cookman. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team forced No. 10 Pitt to five sets in a thrilling match on Seni ...