Culture

Reno 911! does Miami right

Mix equal parts sex, high-speed car chases, tight law enforcement uniforms, partying and Miami, and prepare to devour the big screen deliciousness of “Reno 911!: Miami.” That’s right-the cast members of the hit Comedy Central pseudo-reality TV show about the naughtiest, most indecent and hilarious sheriff’s officers have made a movie. And thankfully so.

The show’s first-and hopefully not last-foray into film kicks off with an announcement from Lieutenant Jim Dangle (Thomas Lennon). It turns out there’s a law enforcement convention in Miami that these popo are determined to attend for all the wrong reasons. There’s only one problem, though: the wild bunch makes a cross country trip from Reno, Nev. to Miami, only to be told they haven’t properly registered and thus cannot participate.

Their ensuing stay at a Miami Beach motel turns into a free for all of vice, meaning the officers party harder than the bravest of ‘Canes and end up in some disturbingly comical sex scenes you can’t find on cable.

But time quickly runs out for hangovers and pity sex when a terrorist attack on the convention puts Lt. Dangle and gang in charge of maintaining law and order in Miami.

The officers find themselves struggling to control clich

With the acquisition of the new instrument and an accompanying nanoindenter, studies at the College of Engineering are entering a new and advanced era of materials characterization. ...

University of Miami researchers applaud the scientific inquiry and access to reliable data that accompanies the legalization of cannabis—as four more states recently approved measures, and federal legislation to decriminalize it continues to progress. ...

The prestigious Pan American Art Projects Gallery will donate 25 percent of a virtual, live event to the University Libraries’ parcel. ...

Members of the University of Miami community share their ideas on how to persevere during the pandemic. ...

University and celebrity musicians will participate in a benefit concert on Thanksgiving Day to support the nonprofit organization Nurse Heroes Foundation. ...