What’s going on?

TODAY (Feb 23)
International Education and Exchange Programs will hold a Study Abroad Information Session from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. in Allen Hall room 104.

The Frost Opera Theater presents Franz Lehar’s “The Merry Widow,” directed by Alan Johnson and David Malis, from 8 to 10 p.m. at Gusman Concert Hall. Admission is $5 for students.

SATURDAY (Feb 24)
The “Healthy Cooking Class: Farmer’s Market Cooking Demonstration” will take place from 10 to 10:45 a.m. at the Coral Gables Farmer’s Market. Registration is required to attend. For more information contact the Wellness Center at (305) 284-5433.

Hands for the Homeless will be volunteering at Umoja Village from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Those interested in participating should meet at Stanford Circle at 10 a.m.

UM Police will host Public Safety Career Day from 1 to 3 p.m. on the field at the corner of Granada and Ponce de Leon Blvds. The event includes a police, fire and rescue presentation, demonstration and recruiting event. For more information call (305) 284-1105.

Women’s basketball will play their season finale against NC State at 3 p.m. in the BankUnited Center.

SUNDAY (Feb 25)
In preparation for Al Gore’s upcoming visit, his documentary “An Inconvenient Truth” will be screened from 7 to 9 p.m. in the Cosford Cinema. Admission is free.

MONDAY (Feb 26)
Toppel Career Center will host a workshop on “Resume and Cover Letter Writing” from 1 to 2 p.m. in the Toppel Library.

Join Hurricane Productions as they kick off “Canestock” from 9 p.m. to 12 a.m. at the Cosford Cinema. There will be live music by Sir Majesty followed by a screening of “Saturday Night Fever.”

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

George Stewart had a big problem, and little time to solve it. It was Week 6 of the 2018 season, and ...

One of the interesting subplots of this Hurricanes season will be watching the evolution of a bunch ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ Coach Manny Diaz said the quarterback race among Ta ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

Varona, an attorney and educator who specializes in administrative law, communications and media law ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...

Courtney spent nine years previously on Jim Larranaga's staff from 1996-2005. ...

The University of Miami track and field program received 17 All-America honors at the conclusion of ...