UMPD: Keep our campus safe; report suspicious activity

There is no need to give your name, but there is a need for you to share the information.

University Police patrol the campus 24 hours a day, but police cannot be everywhere at every time. Reporting suspicious activity helps maximize police efforts, and more importantly, it creates a discouraging environment to those wishing to commit crime. Think about it. If police are called every time a criminal leers through a vehicle’s window or sits in a strange location looking for something to steal, criames will be stopped before they are ever committed. In addition, those looking to commit crimes will know to stay away from the University, because as a community, we don’t tolerate crime. Suspicious activity can be reported by calling 8-6666 from any campus phone, 305-284-6666 from any cell or regular phone, or by using one of the over 80 emergency telephones located around campus. Remember, you don’t have to provide UM Police with your name if you don’t wish to. Further information on reporting suspicious activity and crime prevention is available at www.miami.edu/publicsafety, or through the UMPD Crime Prevention Office at (305) 284-1105.

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

Ten takeaways from UM’s 31-17 win against FIU on Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium: ▪ Credit Mark Richt ...

As the Miami Hurricanes started their third series against the FIU Panthers on Saturday afternoon, t ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team is headed to the championship of one th ...

The Miami women's tennis team posted a 5-2 mark in official matches on the second day of the Mi ...

Freshman Riley Howard continued her incredible start as a Canes cross country runner setting another ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to host Virginia Tech Sunday at noon at Cobb Stadium. ...