Sports Briefs

Football

Eight Hurricanes make ACC Academic Team

Hurricane football can be proud of its eight 2006 ACC Academic Football Team selections. They earn UM the honor of leading the ACC for most conference selections to the team.

To be eligible for the honor, a player must maintain a 3.0 GPA during his academic career or earn a 3.0 during the 2006 fall semester.

The players who earned the honor are guard Andrew Bain, offensive tackle Jason Fox, tight end Greg Olsen, place kicker Jon Peattie, safety Kenny Phillips, linebacker Darryl Sharpton, wide receiver Sam Shields and center Anthony Wollschlager.

Men’s Tennis

Hurricanes down UCF 6-1

The University of Miami Hurricanes recently downed the University of Central Florida Golden Knights 6-1.

Miami came away winning five of their six singles matches, as Luigi D’Agord, Daniel Vallverdu, Josh Cohen, Vivek Subramanian and J.C. Whitner all came away with victories.

Additionally, the Hurricanes won two of three doubles matches, as the pairs of D’Agord and Cohen and Hector Nieto and Barnabas Carrega both came away with wins.

With the win, Miami improves to 4-1.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

The University of Miami is closely monitoring the current coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Universit ...

A new study looks at how expectations create positive or negative emotions when academic grades are ...

Industrial engineering professor Nurcin Celik is developing technology that would allow local power ...

The Master of Professional Science in Urban Sustainability and Resilience, offered by the College of ...

University of Miami students and professors discuss the issues surrounding Clearview AI, a new softw ...