Sports Briefs

Football

Eight Hurricanes make ACC Academic Team

Hurricane football can be proud of its eight 2006 ACC Academic Football Team selections. They earn UM the honor of leading the ACC for most conference selections to the team.

To be eligible for the honor, a player must maintain a 3.0 GPA during his academic career or earn a 3.0 during the 2006 fall semester.

The players who earned the honor are guard Andrew Bain, offensive tackle Jason Fox, tight end Greg Olsen, place kicker Jon Peattie, safety Kenny Phillips, linebacker Darryl Sharpton, wide receiver Sam Shields and center Anthony Wollschlager.

Men’s Tennis

Hurricanes down UCF 6-1

The University of Miami Hurricanes recently downed the University of Central Florida Golden Knights 6-1.

Miami came away winning five of their six singles matches, as Luigi D’Agord, Daniel Vallverdu, Josh Cohen, Vivek Subramanian and J.C. Whitner all came away with victories.

Additionally, the Hurricanes won two of three doubles matches, as the pairs of D’Agord and Cohen and Hector Nieto and Barnabas Carrega both came away with wins.

With the win, Miami improves to 4-1.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

By showing how the controversial crime-fighting strategy is unevenly employed in marginalized neighb ...

Hosmay Lopez, of the NOAA Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Studies at the University ...

UM alumna Shirley Hoffman Kilkelly was one of the few women engineers who worked on the Apollo 11 mo ...

College of Engineering alumnus Frank DeMattia was just 21 years old when he went to work at NASA on ...

Registered dietitian Stephanie Sanchez shares realistic, healthy ways to get you on track and headed ...

Junior defensive back Trajan Bandy was among those players named to the 2019 Jim Thorpe Award Presea ...

Seniors Michael Pinckney and Shaquille Quarterman were among those players named to the watch list f ...

Sophomore tight end Brevin Jordan was among the 60 players named to the 2019 John Mackey Award Prese ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team added yet another elite accolade to her ...

Redshirt senior wide receiver K.J. Osborn was among six ACC players named to The Biletnikoff Award W ...