Student’s business has perfect gift

This is just part of EDGE’s Valentines Day Guide. See below for links to the rest of the V-day special.

University of Miami sophomore David Yeomans has the perfect solution for those still looking for Valentine’s Day gift. In May 2006, Yeomans started his own business called MyTeddyGrams.com, which sells teddy bears personalized with the buyer’s particular scent.

“MyTeddyGrams.com is the only company in the world where you can personalize your teddy bear with a scent that you frequently wear. This ensures that your loved one can always have a little reminder of you, wherever you are,” Yeomans said.

Yeomans started and operates the business himself from his dorm room in Eaton Residential College. He credits the idea to the gifts his ex-girlfriend sent him that she sprayed with her perfume.

“I figured that the idea of starting a gift company where people could send their loved ones something that has their scent on it would be a good one,” Yeomans said.

It took Yeomans five months to create and develop his business and he sought out investors to help him cover the costs. The bears Yeomans uses are purchased from a distributor in Dallas, Texas, and he stocks over 100 different colognes/perfumes while offering the option of special ordering any fragrance he doesn’t carry.

MyTeddyGrams.com is an international business.

“The coolest order (I received), was from a US Soldier in Kuwait, who ordered two teddy bears and had me send them to her kids in Louisiana,” Yeomans said.

Valentine’s Day is one of Yeomans’s busiest times. He offers 15 percent off Valentine’s Day bears, and help to those who procrastinated a little too long-MyTeddyGrams.com will deliver the bear to your Valentine on campus tomorrow.

“During this week before Valentine’s Day, I’ve been spending a lot more time on filling orders and managing inventory than I have on actual schoolwork,” Yeomans said. “The 12 inch cuddle teddy bear is most popular… but around Valentine’s Day it’s definitely the 12 inch Love Teddy Bear and the 30 inch cuddle teddy bear.”

Prices for the teddy bears range from 13-60 dollars and inventory changes weekly on the website. According to Yeoman, the softest bears are the “cuddle bears” because they are made entirely of plush.

Bari Lieberman can be contacted at b.lieberman@umiami.edu.

EDGE Valentine’s Day Guide:

Four ways to say ‘I love you’

Have a little food for thought with these sexy ingrediants

More food that will help set the mood

Student’s business has perfect gift

The comic strip guide to relationships

The losses keep coming for Miami Hurricanes football and Mark Richt. And this feels like the biggest ...

The University of Miami is on the verge of losing the architect of one of the nation’s best defenses ...

The postseason acknowledgments continue to roll in for Gerald Willis. The Miami Hurricanes defensive ...

It is recruiting season in college football, and the Miami Hurricanes have one particular commitment ...

The early signing period is right around the corner and the Miami Hurricanes have plenty of work to ...

UM public relations students unveiled their plans to reposition March for Our Lives to attract colle ...

The answer to that question may impact what happens to the European Union. ...

Most UM Debate Team members devote 10 to 15 hours of preparation for each tournament. ...

National Geographic connects with the University of Miami to empower the next generation of storytel ...

Following national recognition for its French production of Cinderella, the Frost Opera Theater is d ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...

Gerald Willis III added to his postseason awards list, picking up second-team All-America honors fro ...

Following its longest break of the season thus far, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews announced Friday the signing of two players ...

After a six-day layoff, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team will be back in action Sund ...