Student’s business has perfect gift

This is just part of EDGE’s Valentines Day Guide. See below for links to the rest of the V-day special.

University of Miami sophomore David Yeomans has the perfect solution for those still looking for Valentine’s Day gift. In May 2006, Yeomans started his own business called MyTeddyGrams.com, which sells teddy bears personalized with the buyer’s particular scent.

“MyTeddyGrams.com is the only company in the world where you can personalize your teddy bear with a scent that you frequently wear. This ensures that your loved one can always have a little reminder of you, wherever you are,” Yeomans said.

Yeomans started and operates the business himself from his dorm room in Eaton Residential College. He credits the idea to the gifts his ex-girlfriend sent him that she sprayed with her perfume.

“I figured that the idea of starting a gift company where people could send their loved ones something that has their scent on it would be a good one,” Yeomans said.

It took Yeomans five months to create and develop his business and he sought out investors to help him cover the costs. The bears Yeomans uses are purchased from a distributor in Dallas, Texas, and he stocks over 100 different colognes/perfumes while offering the option of special ordering any fragrance he doesn’t carry.

MyTeddyGrams.com is an international business.

“The coolest order (I received), was from a US Soldier in Kuwait, who ordered two teddy bears and had me send them to her kids in Louisiana,” Yeomans said.

Valentine’s Day is one of Yeomans’s busiest times. He offers 15 percent off Valentine’s Day bears, and help to those who procrastinated a little too long-MyTeddyGrams.com will deliver the bear to your Valentine on campus tomorrow.

“During this week before Valentine’s Day, I’ve been spending a lot more time on filling orders and managing inventory than I have on actual schoolwork,” Yeomans said. “The 12 inch cuddle teddy bear is most popular… but around Valentine’s Day it’s definitely the 12 inch Love Teddy Bear and the 30 inch cuddle teddy bear.”

Prices for the teddy bears range from 13-60 dollars and inventory changes weekly on the website. According to Yeoman, the softest bears are the “cuddle bears” because they are made entirely of plush.

Bari Lieberman can be contacted at b.lieberman@umiami.edu.

EDGE Valentine’s Day Guide:

Four ways to say ‘I love you’

Have a little food for thought with these sexy ingrediants

More food that will help set the mood

Student’s business has perfect gift

The comic strip guide to relationships

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

George Stewart had a big problem, and little time to solve it. It was Week 6 of the 2018 season, and ...

One of the interesting subplots of this Hurricanes season will be watching the evolution of a bunch ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ Coach Manny Diaz said the quarterback race among Ta ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

Varona, an attorney and educator who specializes in administrative law, communications and media law ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...

Courtney spent nine years previously on Jim Larranaga's staff from 1996-2005. ...

The University of Miami track and field program received 17 All-America honors at the conclusion of ...