News Briefs

UMNews

University names new vice president for government affairs

The University of Miami announced Friday that Rudy Fernandez has been appointed as the new vice president for government affairs. He began his new post Monday.

“I am delighted to announce Fernandez’s appointment to the University of Miami,” said President Donna E. Shalala in a press release. “He comes to us with a wealth of experience, knowledge and leadership in government affairs.”

In his new position, Fernandez will serve as the principal liaison between the university and federal, state and local government offices and legislative bodies.

“It’s a homecoming for me,” he said in a press release.

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

Ten takeaways from UM’s 31-17 win against FIU on Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium: ▪ Credit Mark Richt ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The season-opening, three-day Miami Fall Invite wrapped up Sunday at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center a ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...